portable planers

My delta 22-560 planer has lost it's belt.delta has it on backorder (two to three months). I was able to get a belt that was close in size but could get it to fit. does anyone have a recommendation for a new planer?while price is not a problem I would rather go with a portable type rather than a stationary (due to room constraints). looking on amazon the reviews are all over the place on the dewalt form it sucks to it's great. any thoughts?

Lennn

Reply to
tax.consultant

------------------------------------------------------- I had a DeWalt for several years.

Rode it hard, put it away wet.

It never complained and just kept working.

Needed customer service once or twice for tech service issues.

They were Johnny on the spot, quickly and accurately answering my questions.

If I needed to buy a bench top planer today, DeWalt would be first choice.

Have fun.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

dw734 - runs great, does its job. (dw735 for heavies duty)

shelly

Reply to
smandel

How much more room do you think a stationary takes up than a portable?

Reply to
Leon

I might have the belt you need at my shop. I had to peel one apart for a friend and he had loaned it out and someone had burned up the windings. Would you just as soon have a belt instead of a new planer?

RP

Reply to
RP

I see several sites have the belt as obsolete; one (in Canada) had it listed but has a note that _everything_ Delta not in stock is on backorder w/ no estimated dates from Delta owing to them moving their parts inventory center...

Is it just a v-belt (parts drawings certainly looked like is matched set)? Where did you try for a replacement? I'd think there certainly should be enough variety in available belts from Gates and other suppliers one could find a suitable replacement...

--

Reply to
dpb

Len,

Have you checked motor repair shops or Tractor Supply. Both places may have a good size and fit belt.

Mike > My delta 22-560 planer has lost it's belt.delta has it on backorder (two

Reply to
Michael Kenefick

The True Value Hardware site listed below shows 3 belts in stock for $22.76 each.

Dwos 22-560 Drive Belt SKU: 219-22-563

Model No 22-563 UPC 695542256350 Dwos 22-560 Drive Belt

This Item Normally Ships in 3-5 Business Days DELTA MACHINERY

Quantity On Hand: 3

PRICE: $22.76

Nova

There are several sites that show an image of the belt with a marking on it "Bando Rib Ace".

Bando has an online catalog at from which it should be possible to put together a part number if there's not one readable off the existing belt, then call Bando and ask them where to get one.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Ah, that did not show up on the places I looked...no wonder it's a pita, then... :(

Good idea to look to the vendor. I _hate_ it when OEM's do this stuff...I've got I don't know how many various pieces of gear that have "off-standard by just so much" o-rings that either leak or aren't usable owing simply to a simple o-ring that is unobtainable owing to manufacturer either having gone out of business or simply no longer supplying parts for the particular product... :(

As the saying goes, "there otta' be a law..."

--

Reply to
dpb

My old Delta portable would fit on a shelf under the workbench when not in use. My 15" Jet, on the other hand...

scott

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

;~) But hard to use on a shelf under the work bench. I used to keep my mobile stationary planer under a cabinet. I don't miss not having the darn little extra space my portable afforded me over my Delta stationary planer.

Reply to
Leon

I figure delta never made belts, so someone makes them. When I was a kid, a tractor we had some expensive belts on it and there was a local gates suppler and they had the exact belt at half the price as the tractor dealer. That was long before the internet, but Gates still sells belts, I know zip about them but here's a link:

anyone have a recommendation for a new

If price is not a problem, make sure you get a planer with a spiral, segmented cutter head. Same with a jointer. Only way to go. Even if price is a problem, still the only way to go, if you ask me.

Reply to
Jack Stein

For many many years when I was in the automotive business Gates and Dayco were excellent brand belts.

Reply to
Leon