Plastic Coated Mesh

I am looking to make some baskets for gardeners used to carry fruit, vegetables, etc as they collect it. The ends are going to be Cyprus but I am looking to make the basket body out of a plastic coated wire mesh material. The idea being they could wash it all out with a hose. Anybody know of a resource where I can get such an item in small quantities. Each piece would have overall dimension of 21" x 32" approx. I searched and could only find manufacturers selling large quantity.

Thanks.

Reply to
Ed Walsh

Google lobster trap wire.....the small manufacturers of traps will be more than willing to sell you a small quantity. The stuff is really durable. Dave

Reply to
Dave W

Reply to
Ed Walsh

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but Poly/Poulty Netting might be of interest. It is basically chicken wire that is coated in PVC:

Locutus

Most good hardware stores have vinyl coated hardware cloth. I think I have seen it at Home Depot. I know our ACE has it. I got some several years ago to make bait traps. They had 1/4" and 1/2" in rolls.

Reply to
Jody

You may also want to look at "pet proof" door screening. After 6 years of our cat climbing it, it still keeps the bugs out. I *may* have to replce it next year.

The only downside might be the small mesh side... that may make it harder to hose out.

But it would be great for berry pickers!

Reply to
Dave Balderstone