Ping Leon - Sawstop problem?

It is a valid concern but he has shown it to SawStop and they were not concerned. And no the SawStop people don't dismiss because of indifference or ignorance of their product. FWIW, this 1.75hp PCS saw is their basic entry level portable saw made stationary inside a cabinet. That cabinet is basically the only similarity to a "full blown cabinet saw".

Reply to
Leon

Agree again, Consider this however, I have seen really good blades move that much on start up. Basically the blades have more give.

Reply to
Leon

I do not own this saw, I have the ICS. It would be like comparing your saw to the PM Artisan.

Reply to
Leon

To follow up a bit and after looking around a bit. I would be willing to bet that when he pushes on the arbor that the back and or front of the cabinet is flexing too. I think the play is the give in the cabinet area that the trunnion sets on. This is one of the reasons many move up to a full blown cabinet saw with much larger/wider trunnion to cabinet contact point. My old Craftsman contractors saw bevel angle would change if you pushed in on the right side of the saw under the table.

My ICS Saw stop has trunnion mounts that are the entire width of the saw cabinet, front and back. The table bolts directly to the trunnion mounts so if the cabinet flexes and or has any movement the trunnions and table move as a unit.

Leon