Ping Leon: Monocoat Application Pad?

What pad did you use for applying your Monocoat?

I just had a long conversation with a guy from Special Hardwood Products and there's a bunch of confusion around pad types and colors.

The 3M 4100 White that they recommend are the large floor pads that go under a buffer. The 3M White 7445 that paint stores sell are apparently not the same thing, at least not according to 3M customer service.

Monocoat-USA recommends their red pad, which is apparently equivalent to 3M 5100, another floor buffer pad, but they sell them in a 4" x 6" size.

What pad did you use? I've got about 50 pieces of cedar 2 x 4's that need to be finished on all 4 sides, so brushing is not an option. I really want to start applying - wiping on - the oil this weekend and would like to use something that I can get locally. At the price I paid, I don't want to waste a bunch by having it all soaked up in a rag.

Thanks!

Reply to
DerbyDad03