PC 557 Shims: The End

Well it's finally the time to close the chapter on the Fly-by-Night Copper Company shims for the 557. My business license and web domain name are coming up for renewal and I've decided it's just not cost effective to continue - that, and I'm a little tired of: cutting and routing aluminum; and applying and trimming the adhesive and no-skid on each shim. In addition, Porter-Cable brought out the type 3 a while back so the market demand for the shim has declined dramatically.

I've got 4 shims left and once they're gone this whole fly-by-night venture will be but a memory. Drop me an email if you'd like to reserve one while you get your order in.

I'd like to thank everyone who took the great risk of sending me a sawbuck to try out this modification. I received many compliments and thank-yous from you folks and I'd like to publically say thank you right back.

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC

I never need one Owen, but thank you for being there to fix a problem for those that die.

Can I have 5? LOL No not really.

Reply to
Leon

Oh my, we're starting to talk about those were the days, hahahaha. Maybe I should pull the web page also.

Bernie

Bernie Hunt

Are you tracking web traffic? I've not gotten an order for a couple months now and before that they had definitely tapered off to only one or two a month for a spell.

I'da kept going if it wasn't for the license renewals coming up - just not enough in-¢-ive to keep going.

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC

I've gotten 5 or 6 hits today alone. Most of them looking for plate joiners, not 557 problems.

Your going to have to come up with another fly by night product!

Bernie

Reply to
Bernie Hunt

SURE! 'Cept it'll only be two.

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC

Mr. Shim,

How many did you sell?

David.

Reply to
David F. Eisan

At this point, all the remaining shims are spoken for. Once again, thanks to everyone.

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC

Owen,

Now you've done it. I've had over two dozen hits so far today and half of those off your web page.

Bernie

Reply to
Bernie Hunt

Mr. Spotty Camera,

When the last one is gone the number will stand at 439 - what an odd number... Kinda makes me want to cobble up one more just to make the total clean.

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC

Ooops. Well I could order more aluminum...

Or...

I could change my name to Crazy O's Shim Outlet and have a going out of business sale every few months.

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 11:31:15 -0700, Fly-by-Night CC calmly ranted:

Bwahahaha. Nailed it on the head. 'Course, you could just as easily have been talking to Phully, too.

Me believe you kinda odd, too, so that's fitting, bud.

--- Annoy a politician: Be trustworthy, faithful, and honest! ---

Comprehensive Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 11:33:00 -0700, Fly-by-Night CC calmly ranted:

Owie Lowie's Shim Shack.

--- Annoy a politician: Be trustworthy, faithful, and honest! ---

Comprehensive Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Think I can get the B-52's to do my jingle?

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC

Hi Owen, Could be, it's been a long dry spell for them. I think they still live in Athens somewhere. Congrats on selling out your total stock. Now if someone needs one you charge three times as much for a one off piece! Later, Beej

Reply to
Beej-in-GA

Dear Mr. Shim,

Didja break even with all the work?

And those spots on the camera are snow dammit, I live in Canda after all....

David.

Reply to
David F. Eisan

Hi there! I bought some shims from you! They are doing well! I haven't been involved in here for a long time (not that I am tired of you guys ) :D

Anyway, what did I missed? Are you announcing that you are finish offering those shims?

Chuck

Reply to
CNT

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 22:06:39 -0700, Fly-by-Night CC calmly ranted:

Not a chance. They're too famous and living way over in Channel Z (near Athens, GA.)

I have their 1979-1989 video and that sweet Kate Pierson sure is/was a true hottie.

--- Annoy a politician: Be trustworthy, faithful, and honest! ---

Comprehensive Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

With enough money, almost anything is possible...

Greg, in Atlanta, GA

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G.

replying to Fly-by-Night CC, Busy wrote: I can see that this was 2004, but I am interested in a shim. Would you happen to have any left?

Reply to
Busy