OT:Xmas lights with style

Got this off another board. I thought it was brilliant and so decided to spread the word.

TrailRat

Bet they had a lot of fun setting that up before they hung the lights.

Even if it's fake, it's beautiful animation.

Reply to
John Husvar

This great display has been the topic on several boards recently. It is indeed a real display, the technical information has been posted on several sites, including the programming code need to run the many lighting controllers. It's in Mason, Ohio as I recall.

Dennis

Reply to
DT
[snipped for brevitirisationing]

With the 'instant on' LED's and their low power consumption, the task is much less daunting than it appears.

Cool and cute----------> once!

Reply to
Robatoy

beautiful! but it's probably extremely annoying to the neighbors with or without the sound!

len

Reply to
leonard

He has another song out on the net called jingle.wmv. It's more in line with Christmas, but not as visually spectacular. I'm just glad that I don't live across the street from him (although if I did I would likely have helped him build it). It's fun to watch ----once.

Reply to
Charley

That's not too far away. I might go take a look for myself.

Reply to
John Husvar

OMG - someone has a great imagination, great engineering, and WAY too much time!

Reply to
Tom Banes

He transmits the sound over low power FM. Google "Carson Williams".

Reply to
J. Clarke

Hey, is that John Tesh?? Tom

Reply to
tom

No, Trans Siberia Orchestra.

-jav

Reply to
Javier Henderson

Oh, good. I can't stand John Tesh. Tom

Reply to
tom

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Too late, it was shut down indefinitely as of yesterday, due to all the traffic congestion it was causing.

regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

From the looks of it, I'd say the EE in question spent some time in a video editing suite. Yeah, those are real lights, but look at how the shadows in the foreground change - that isn't all one take.

It's real images but I think the timing was faked to fit the music. Nicely done, though.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

the music is broadcast through low powered FM, so as not to annoy the neighbors with sound (as if the lights and traffic weren't enough!). anyway, the guy shut down because of an accident and traffic congestion.

Dave

Reply to
David

Yeah, don't think I'd want to live across the street from that...

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

It's real, timing is not faked.