OT: Too funny not to share...

My new guy, who shall remain nameless (Grant) had an interesting job, when still going to school, working on a farm. He was part of a castrating team on a pig farm one summer. He mentioned he wore ear- muffs as that gets noisy. With a dead-pan face he told me that "pigs don't feel pain, but squeel because they don't like to be held."

That struck me as very funny

Robatoy

That is funny!

On the same general topic there was a news article last night that discussed how much people spend on their pets. And to prove the excess, they pointed to a company that sells prostetic testicles for dogs. There is even a video on the website. $900 plus intallation bythe vet!!! The site says it makes the dogs feel better about themselves!?!?!

DLB

Hey, make sense to me. If I was a dog and couldn't lick my balls, I'd feel bad too. :)

Reply to
Upscale

Sacramento to be 'testicle-free zone'

HeyBub

Maybe they should hang some testicles under their vehicles as a protest to this castration terrorist group.

would probably pass a law against these too. Apparently vehicles with testicles would be offensive to those who wish to eliminate them from the world.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Is that for real or satire?

If real, I thought it was somewhat ironic that the supporter of the bill DAN Nender made the comment, ""We cannot have intact testicles on government property. As California government officials, at least the ones on our side, will attest to, Sacramento is a testicle-free zone." Now, presumably DAN was in Sacramento when DAN said this, as well as a few non-female legislators.

Kinda speaks volumes there.

Also liked the comment when he was called on his "3 million euthenasias a year" comment. "...Concentrate on the point I'm making, not the numbers." i.e. don't confuse me with the facts, it's fake but accurate

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

bad too. :)

A little warning there, Upscale. I almost spewed on my monitor!

How true!

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

Association of Dogs in Service is called NADS. NADS? Are they serious?

Reply to
Dave Gordon

We'd have to teach the dogs to do what humans do. Have someone else do the licking.

Reply to
B A R R Y

On Jul 31, 5:54 pm, "Lee Michaels" wrote: [snip]

Personally, I think castration is a wonderful way to deal with molesters, rapists, etc..... (I was going to include liberals, but you got to have balls to lose them, right?)

Reply to
Robatoy

Reply to
Pat Barber

Anyone who thinks animals don't feel pain should have their nuts cut off without an anaesthetic.

Reply to
Bob Martin

Well Bob, different animals seem to feel things differently. Human animals sure feel it when you kick them in the nuts. But tell you what, I got kicked in the gut by a bull once, and I got mad and kicked him right back, right in the balls, because that's what he was presenting me with. He didn't feel a thing. Now, poke the same bull in the nostril with a finger, and he'll be in considerable pain (by the way, I have had that confirmed by another bloke who had the exact same experience) .... having said that, I don't know the first thing about pigs, and their sensitivities. But I've seen an old farmer castrating calves with a razor sharp knife, while he was standing behind them, and they never even twitched. Brrrrr. You try and put a tag in their ear and they sure do holler! Horses apparently are super sensitive, going on hearsay.

-P.

Reply to
Peter Huebner

Ah, now I understand! I was going to say something nasty about the number of rounds your BIL required to knock the poor guy down. With a handgun, I understand. Only done wild hogs with my .454 Casull and I have been known to miss when they're moving.

I had to put up with the shotgun only BS in Alabama years ago. Thank god for Texas, where 1 round expended in anger is 1 deer nose in the dirt. At least, that's the way it's been for the last 11 seasons. It's real cheap ammo wise if your rifle stays sighted in. 4 rounds per season is normal. 3 sighters, 1 for real.

Regards.

Reply to
Tom B

I can't, for the life of me, relate to the dilemmas you're all going through. FEW targets are as simple to take down as a deer. A pissed-off grizzly is another matter. I don't believe too many here ever had the challenge to mess with a determined Grizzly. I say this with all due respect. It is a decision you make when that huge, magnificent animal rises to its hind feet.

Reply to
Robatoy

Sounds like an edict by the Village Idiot. (Unless they made those rules to stop the village idiot from shooting things beyond his event horizon). Nuts.

;-P

Reply to
Peter Huebner

Well, actually, Mike's an excellent shot -- when he's calm. :-) When he has a

200-lb 8-point buck in his crosshairs, he isn't always calm. He is on a range, though. (Shot competitively the whole ten years he was in the Navy.) The first year that pistols were legal for deer hunting here, I went with him to the firing range when he sighted in. He set up a standard 25-foot pistol target on the hundred-**yard** range and shot the black out of it. When he was done tweaking the scope, you could cover all six rounds with a quarter.

I sure wish they'd allow rifles here. Some of our regs are insane: my BIL has a pistol with an 18" barrel in .243 Winchester. I have a rifle with a 22" barrel, also in .243 Win. His pistol is a legal weapon for deer in Indiana. My rifle is not -- but it *is* legal for coyote, and, incredibly, for *squirrel* (for which the rule is "any legal weapon"). IOW, it's legal to stand on the ground and point a 3300-fps rifle up into a tree to shoot a squirrel, but illegal to sit in the tree and point the same weapon down at the ground to shoot a deer. How much sense does that make?

Reply to
Doug Miller

It certainly doesn't stop the Village Idiots from shooting people beyond their event horizon, as you put it -- we have plenty of idiots who don't bother to wear safety orange, or wait for daylight before they start shooting.

I really don't know what they were thinking; a lot of the rules don't make any sense at all. I commented on some of the weapons insanity in another post. Then there's the issue of safety clothing. The law says one or more of (hat, cap, coat, vest, or coveralls), solid hunter orange in color. So forest camo from the forehead down, with a solid orange baseball cap, is OK. And blaze orange *camo* over your entire body is not. (Yes, there is such a thing as blaze orange camo; deer don't see that color. And as long as I don't move, they don't see me.)

Reply to
Doug Miller

He's more than just an excellent shot - he's magical. That's well beyond the accuracy of that round... even for a competitive shooter.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Reach down between your feet, grab some sh*t and wave it in his face. They don't like the smell of human sh*t.

Reply to
Dave Gordon