OT: The Festool of breadmakers

ne:

> > and some more
> > Great link, thank you kind sir.

104 =B0F at my BBQ outdoor kitchen. If the wind turns so it comes from the North. which it is predicted to do, the temp can drop 30 degrees in an hour.

BUT.. just 30 mins up the road from my house:

just don't think of Canada this way. We still get 'Murkans crossing the border packing parkas and skis.

Reply to
Robatoy

Man, that is some slow-cooker temperature. How can you tell that the ribs have been slow-cooked and aren't just starting to decay? ;)

Wow, that's amazing! Where did you guys import the sand from?

I also didn't realize that pubic wigs were popular in Canada.

heat wave broke here - shouldn't be much above 90 for the rest of the week. small yay

RicodJour

We bought some from an Algerian. All 1000 km of it.

kipedia.org/wiki/Merkin

That's some funny stuff right there. Now I know from where the collars of those parkas cometh.

They're talking 68 overnight. Personally I don't care, I had a new AC installed in March, works great. It even cycles on and off. The old one used twice the power and ran continuously, even the headlights on cars that drove by at night would brown out. A test promised a 55% improvement in efficiency.

Reply to
Robatoy

"Robatoy" wrote

People just don't think of Canada this way. We still get 'Murkans crossing the border packing parkas and skis. ===============

Well, they need to protect themselves from polar bear and moose attacks.

Are the polar bears and mooses getting sunburnt too?

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Nah! The polar bears and the moose protect themselves from sunburn by invading Canadian swimming pools to cool off.

Upscale

home..FUN!) Some wet shit heading our way. Maybe a little twister action.

How are you holding up? (Yonge & Bloor having some sort of 'perfect storm' of heat in TO?)

Reply to
Robatoy

Yes. Parkas are a sure-fire way to protect yourself from a pissed off moose/polar bear, yuppers. LOL Snowmobile suits are a better choice, they hold more when you crap yourself in a face-to-face situation with either of those animals. Them mooses are much bigger than they appear on a postcard. They eat GreenPeacers and their Volvos.

Reply to
Robatoy

Not much in the wind and twister department, just the heat, an occasional thunderstorm that dries up the .1" of rain and then more heat. The only problem living in an apartment is that you could go looking for a pool to cool off in, but by the time you get back home, you're sweating your butt off again.

The heat doesn't bother me too much, I'm usually fine with just a fan going, but my cat will rip a strip from me if I don't turn on the air conditioner.

Reply to
Upscale

Unless it's a furry white parka and then the polar bear might mistake you for a female of the species. Then, you'd better REALLY run.

Reply to
Upscale

On Thu, 8 Jul 2010 13:57:00 -0400, "Lee Michaels" wrote the following:

The meeces are all getting sunburned and the polar bears all drowned. Just ask Algore.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

All that fukker needs is a heat-wave and his disinformation machine picks up millions in contributions from the Ed Begley crowd. That bunch is just as oblivious as the 'other' side which seems to think we can burn, spill and waste with impunity.

Reply to
Robatoy

The yeasty thing gets old after awhile and you look for other things. We've been eating mostly our own bread for over 20 years now and now I like a lighter, airy bread. This Italian/regular she makes is real good but the crust, particularly when toasted, or in a garlic bread should be illegal.

I bought her the Hobart about 20 years ago because I loved home made bread and the yeasty taste was a big part of that, mainly when hot out of the oven. Now, we freeze her bread and it's great all the time. She burnt up a "heavy duty" KitchenAid mixer in no time trying to mix dough, the Hobart doesn't even get warm and will out last both of us I'd guess.

About the only down side is store bought bread is barely eatable.

Reply to
Jack Stein

On Thu, 8 Jul 2010 17:21:55 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy wrote the following:

What are you talking about? Algore is on both sides. He inefficiently wastes millions of BTUs and tens of thousands of gallons of gasoline each year while lying about warming and preaching abstention.

Our roving Canuck keeps telling me that Algore is irrelevant, but I'm here to tell him, once again, the bastard isn't. Got it, WeeGee?

Tell him, Toy!

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Thu, 08 Jul 2010 21:48:56 -0400, Jack Stein wrote the following:

I prefer much denser bread, thanks. Keep your Wonder Bread, Jack. ;)

It's barely edible, too. I like the local FredMeyer foccacia, but it's nothing compared to the loaf I bought in CA a few years ago.

I inherited my dad's Hitachi Home Bakery, but I seldom use it any more. I keep letting the yeast get too old.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

No problem. When I was buying baker sized bricks at Sam's, there was no way I could use all of it in a timely manner. It came in double bricks of about 1 pound each, a generic packaging of this:

put one in the deep freeze, and it was fine a couple of years later. The first brick was put in an airtight jar, and it would last a year and a half with no problem at all. The jar was out of the fridge just long enough to get a couple of teaspoons out, then back it went immediately to keep moisture from forming in the jar.

Freezing worked exceptionally well.

Sam's used to sell the two pack of 1# bricks for about $7 - $8, so it was well worth it.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

Wee Gee mutters sottovoce: "Eppur si scalda!" while vowing once again to stay away from all the political scientology on the wreck.

Luigi

Reply to
Luigi Zanasi