OT: Say hi to Sally for me.

Mr. Wilson Pickett. Dead at age 64. He was proof positive that you don't need a 'special' voice to sing.

I think I'll watch The Commitments again tonight.

Reply to
Robatoy

Amen...

really surprised me when I heard about his death.. relatively young man, too.. (at least looking at it from my 59 year old prospective)

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Hated to hear that myself ... paid him tribute on a daily basis in that other war - white phosphorous rounds were always called "Wilson Picketts" when I called in the fire mission.

Good man ... one of the initiated, eh?

Reply to
Swingman

hmm... all I remember is calling for "Willy Peter".. nasty stuff to get on you...

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

With American troops, yes ... but ARVN's had a particularly tough time saying that, so I retrained mine. ;)

Yep, we were always told that it burns all the way to the bone, and further. I used it mostly fused to fire as an air burst, on grid points, so I could get my bearings ... and whenever I was lucky enough be able to see that far.

Reply to
Swingman

yeah.. they told us that we were supposed to dig it out and then wrap air tight and hope it stopped burning... I'm glad that I never had that experience!

ARVN's.. I remember them... Chicken Little was right..