(OT) Ping - Bill in Indiana

Just a thought: Contact your local news media and show them this:

someone try to lodge a campaigne to have the Fed Govt give this fire engine to a rural community in need of one, rather than auctioning it off. Can't hurt to try. Notifying your congressman, and the like, might help the cause, also.

With a little advertising, maybe even the greater Indianapolis metropolitan area can gather donations to acquire it and donate it to a needy community. With enough donations, maybe it could be fully rigged for service, also.

I suppose a community, in need, can bid on it, but why not just give it to them. It's essentially already paid for.

*My rant, somewhat, about govt waste, though auctioning it off may not be waste. I just don't consider this item typical surplus.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Hi Sonny,

I appreciate the basis for your "rant". However, from my understanding, it is illegal to give away community property here--it must be disposed of by auctioning it off (for reasonable reasons). Here is a link to what I regard as our largest and most proactive news center:

would listen to your input.

I side with you and I would like to see the fire engine go to a good home! There are a few other readers here in the vicinity of Indianapolis, and maybe one of them knows of one. "Lodging a complaint against S.O.P." sounds like a tough battle.

Regards, Bill

Reply to
Bill