OT: music list

iles, I just received an iPod shuffle for my annual birth

Lemme rephrase this... somebody got a bad bag of weed.

Reply to
Robatoy

Hah!

I haven't run into any Mojo Nixon fans in ages. Don't know how anyone could NOT like classic songs like "tie my pecker to my leg"? :-)

Good selection, all of that.

Reply to
Colin B.

This was a terrible movie.

S.

Reply to
samson

Same here.

I've got Bach to Gershwin to Big Bad Voodoo Daddy to Little Feat to Earth, Wind, and Fire to Hot Chocolate to Joe Bonnamassa to Michael Hills Blues Mob to The Kinks to Walter Trout to Dave Matthews to Judas Priest to Iron Maiden to Van Halen (REAL Van Halen, with DLR! ) to Megadeth to Godsmack to Iron Maiden (right up to 2007) to Guano Apes to Green Jelly to Chicago to Michael Schenker to Coheed and Cambria to The Cars to Rammstein to Armin Van Buren to Billy Joel to the Tubes to Alice in Chains to Buckwheat Zydeco Dream Theater to Avenged Sevenfold to Riot to Blackfoot to Mighty Bosstones to Chris Issak to Mushroomhead to Gary Hoey to Skindread to AFI to Dickey Betts...

No Cher or Barbara Streisand, not that there's anything wrong with that!

Then there are podcasts!

Reply to
Bonehenge (B A R R Y)

Noooooo Chere...noooo Celine Dijon [sic] a couple of Barbara Strident songs though, that girls voice is like butter...

I saw The Tubes live at Maple Leaf Gardens in TO, truly one of the best shows ever. Maybe because they were so far ahead of their time in terms of theatrical presentation. Elton John's Yellow Brick Road tour was just an amazing show too. =2E =2E =2E =2E =2E

Then there is The Who------> the absolute best, most honest rock band in history. Even though Moon has been dead for 30 years, and Entwistle gone for 6 (holy shit, is that really already 6 years ago?) The Who still kicks ass. I saw them last year with Paladino on bass and Zak Starkey on drums. Just a great show. Those guys make The Rolling Stones look like for what they really are....looooooosers....

Reply to
Robatoy

Noooooo Chere...noooo Celine Dijon [sic] a couple of Barbara Strident songs though, that girls voice is like butter...

SWMBO cleans the house while blasting Cher (ugh). This is usually the time I find an excuse to plane some really wide white oak boards with some really dull blades in the planer. Even then, it's not enough sometimes.

jc

Reply to
joe

As you have seen from all the replies you can load your iPod up with any genre you could possibly want. I have close to 2000 songs ranging from 40's Glen Miller to contemporary rock, country, blues etc. etc.

I really get a kick out of those "Music Lovers" who think you can only listen to whatever is Kewl.

You can also load up audiobooks. I got over thirty books on my iPod. Some I've listened to several times.

I walk with my dogs for two hours a day, I can listen to music or a book. I prefer listening to audiobooks when I'm driving for hours.

Of course some scoff at the idea of listing to audiobooks. There's those that won't even watch black and white movies.

What I've finally rediscovered is that there has never been a screen made that could match the visions that a good book can conjure up in your mind.

LdB

Reply to
L D'Bonnie

Right on! If it floats your boat.

Except Cher!

Reply to
Bonehenge (B A R R Y)

Audio books are sometimes better than movies.

Cassablanca Dr. Strangelove and so on and so on

I guess those people don't get to see good films then. In fact, a good black and white flick turns to colour in my mind. Therein lies the art.

Reply to
Robatoy

Is that a real iPod or is that a Sears iPod?

Reply to
Buck Turgidson

I just watched it. The Let It Be church choir at the funeral was just an amazing interpretation. Very moving.

'For The Benefit of Mr. Kite' was the first time in several decades that I wondered what that would be like after smoking a doobie. The imagery in my mind back in the Sgt Pepper days was more interesting and vivid...I think...LOL

Thanks for the heads-up (no pun intended).

Robatoy

Funny story on that album - saw it in a used music store I used to frequent. It was there every week, with a really cool and sensual cover, and every week my buddy and I wondered about it. After about two years, it dissappeared, but the cover stuck with me. A further year passed, and the album reappeared in the store! I grabbed it on a whim, and discovered some really good music. Fairly percussive ummm... 'esoteric folk.' Apparently she gets mentioned on the Ecto mailing list (Kate Bush fans, talking about Kate Bush-like music).

Discovered Arcade Fire through a fairly silly webcomic (questionablecontent.net). It was good to see modern rock music being made that didn't suck.

Colin

Reply to
Colin B.