OT more or less: A jazz trio is playing...

I didn't, and it was. I was there.

The kit was black to begin with, so the damage may not have been obvious to the audience (outdoor show). It was mostly the bags that had caught fire, but some of the shells were charred. I don't know how he connived the cop into giving him a lift after his car was towed, but he did, arriving with the siren blaring and the lights flashing.

Reply to
Greg Guarino

I posted the story on my facebook Nashville drummers' group.

Reply to
-MIKE-

How can you tell if a drummer has been doing the crossword?

All the squares have been colored in.

Reply to
Swingman

That same drummer:

This band is playing a small bar, and the drummer is really drowning his sorrows. Between sets he goes into the bathroom. Suddenly a 'blood-curdling scream rings through the bar. About 5 minutes latter a shrill scream pierces the air of the bar again. The bartender decides that he had better go see if this guy is okay. Pounding on the door he asks, "Is everything ok in there?"

"No!" says the drummer. "I'm sittin' on the john, and I tried to flush when something grabs me by the nuts! I tried again but the same thing happened! Get help!"

The bartender says, "Let me see if I can help." He opens the door and says, "You idiot! That's the mop-bucket!!"

Reply to
Swingman

Some more drummer ingenuity:

We have played in a wide variety of venues over the years. This one had a tile floor, if memory serves. Tommy (the drummer)always arrives first; he's generally set up (and halfway through a Heineken) by the time I stroll in. I notice that rather than the usual carpet, his kit is sitting on the four floor mats from his car. My Dad would refer to that sort of thing with an old Army term: "field expedient".

One of our singers forgot to bring dress shoes to a tux gig. There was a time when our bass player was the custodian of the Emergency Shoes, a set of old Large-Enough-To-Fit-Anyone generic black dress shoes that he kept with the lug wrench and jumper cables. But not anymore. Tommy had the solution: wear black socks OVER your sneakers. No one noticed.

Reply to
Greg Guarino

On Fri, 13 Apr 2012 13:10:21 +0100, Stuart Just ignore him.

Where's the fun in that? Poking trolls with a sharp stick is a national pastime here.

Reply to
Dave

Ooh boy, forgetting to bring a rug to a gig where the setup surface is an unknown can lead to a very bad day. Been there, done that! You definitely learn to make do with the "tools" you have available to you.

LOL!

Reply to
Steve Turner

Brains and you... never the twayne shall meet

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com