OT: Man calls 911 over 28-year-old son's messy bedroom

I don't even know where to start with this one:

this with the thread about Leon's son maybe? LOL!

Reply to
Steve Turner

"The son, who also works as a political consultant, said he's lucky to be living in the house rent free. He also promises to keep his room clean."

...that's what they all say.

Reply to
Morris Dovey

seen my son's room, but he is only 21 and did study in there a lot. ;!)

The 28 year old "boy" in the story however seems to be true to form.

  1. He is 28 years old and has a messy bedroom.
  2. He is 28 years old and lives at home with mom and dad.
  3. He is a school board member.
  4. His father did not want to ruin his son's political career over the incident.
  5. He is a political consultant.

My observations.

  1. He has never, NEVER been kissed by a girl his age.
  2. His father's only hope of boosting his son out of the basement is if he finds a way to get welfare..... uh er uh a, job in politics.
  3. Should the IRS be informed that the dead beat son is earning some kind of living and living rent free?
Reply to
Leon

Is that against tax law down there inthe US of A?

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Let's check in with Leon in another 5-6 years... with the current economy he may have the same problem! ;~)

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

Morris, it sounds like you may be a little skeptical. I will say both my sons' rooms stay pretty clean. But, the last one moved out over 16 years ago which may have some bearing on that.

At 29, the son maybe ought to be thinking about his own place. I didn't live with my parents for more than a couple of months after high school.

Reply to
Tom Veatch

I don't know if it would be in this particular case but if you are given a place to live for free, it is a taxable benefit.

Reply to
Leon

Yeah, we may be living with him! LOL

Reply to
Leon

Heh - I was thinking more in the context of politicians and promises and mess-making and living off the efforts of others.

Yup - me too. By 26 I was in my own home and by 35 it was paid off (the guy I was working for told me doing that was "un-American").

Reply to
Morris Dovey

How does that work with a stay-at-home spouse?

Are they all tax cheats?

What about a teenager with a part-time job, living at home?

Tax cheat?

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

I had to have my mother's name on the deed of my first house because I was only 20 when I bought it. I was able to get a mortgage myself though.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Offset by single person deduction.

Net sum zero.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

It has to be a benefit in lieu of payment. Basically a benefit. If he is going to be a politician this perhaps could be construed as a contribution to his campaign.

Reply to
Leon

28 year old son, living at home in his parent's basement and a political consultant. Since the story doesn't mention party affiliation, my bet is democrat.
Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Certainly "American"

Reply to
Leon

Only from your employer.

Reply to
Charlie Self

Oh, bullshit, Mark.

I know several local parents heavily involved in their children's support, and, as one would expect in a heavily red state, they are invariably Republican. In blue states, they are probably most likely to be Democrats.

They all have one thing in common: stupidity, which has nothing to do with political parties.

Reply to
Charlie Self

Only from your employer.

Yes, but with this situation it would not be a far stretch, him being a political advisor and a member on the board of education and seeking a political career, to some how have worked a deal to be compensated for housing by his employer.

Reply to
Leon

That's odd, my perception is that stupidity is a fundamental element of all political parties.

Reply to
Steve Turner

The person giving the free place to live is taxed on the income that should have been paid.

Reply to
David G. Nagel