OT Giving 100%

This is a strictly mathematical viewpoint...it goes like this:

What Makes 100%?

What does it mean to give MORE than 100%?

Ever wonder about those people who say they are giving more than 100%?

We have all been to those meetings where someone wants you to give over

100%.

How about achieving 103%? What makes up 100% in life?

Here's a little mathematical formula that might help you answer these questions:

If: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

is represented as:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26.

Then:

H-A-R-D-W-O-R-K

8+1+18+4+23+15+18+11 = 98%

and

K-N-O-W-L-E-D-G-E

11+14+15+23+12+5+4+7+5 = 96%

But,

A-T-T-I-T-U-D-E

1+20+20+9+20+21+4+5 = 100%

And,

B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T

2+21+12+12+19+8+9+20 = 103%

AND, look how far ass kissing will take you.

A-S-S-K-I-S-S-I-N-G

1+19+19+11+9+19+19+9+14+7 = 118%

So, one can conclude with mathematical certainty that WhileHard work and Knowledge will get you close, and Attitude will get you there, it's the Bullshit and Ass kissing that will put you over the top.

Reply to
Leon

[...]

JOAT

10 Out Of 10 Terrorists Prefer Hillary For President

- Bumper Sticker I don't have a problem with a woman president - just not Hillary.

Reply to
J T

Well, pushed the wrong button that time. LOL

Fri, Jan 25, 2008, 3:52pm (EST+5) From: snipped-for-privacy@swbell.net (Leon) We have all been to those meetings where someone wants you to give over 100%.

Every time I've heard that one it was always from someone who didn't figure on doing ANY of the work.

Ever wonder about those people who say they are giving more than 100%?

No, hat one always means that person is just overloaded with bullshit.

The one that always amazed me is when the boss would come out and issue a "challenge", trying to get extra work done, but not pay overtime for it. Never have seen a boss contributing.

So, one can conclude with mathematical certainty that WhileHard work and Knowledge will get you close, and Attitude will get you there, it's the Bullshit and Ass kissing that will put you over the top.

Too often true. Which is one reason the plant of my next to last job closed. LOL

JOAT

10 Out Of 10 Terrorists Prefer Hillary For President

- Bumper Sticker I don't have a problem with a woman president - just not Hillary.

Reply to
J T

"Leon" wrote [snip]

I had a boss once who decided, when upper management demanded

110% from all salaried employees, that it meant 44 hours per week. When we proposed cutting back to that he was amused but said no.

Art I'd love working 24/7 - 24 hours per week / 7 months a year.

Reply to
Artemus

I had one who wanted us to "get everything done", and anytime we did he gave us more. He was never there at 2 AM though. Same guy thought that when we went to a customer site (like the Lockheed Skunk Works) we should "wander around". Of course he never went on any of those trips and never saw the singularly humorless heavily armed individuals whose job it was to prevent persons such as ourselves from doing such things. One time he finally did go on a trip. He monopolized the morning half of the meeting then had to take a pit stop. While he was out of the room the project manager from Boeing said "Who _is_ that asshole, anyway", to which our engineering manager replied "Sorry, he's my boss, I can't do anything about him". Then there was much commotion down the hall--seems that he'd decided to try to "wander around" into an area that required serious clearances and those humorless men had taken exception to his antics. While our engineering manager couldn't do anything about him the Boeing guy (and whatever agency he had apparently attepted to invade without invitation or clearance) most assuredly could. He ended up spending the night in a Federal holding cell and lost every clearance that he had ever held. They decided not to press charges though.

Reply to
J. Clarke

And then there is the phrase "Save up to 20%.... and more!!!!"

Reply to
Maxwell Lol

Yeah my favorite and similar, Save 25 to 15% or more.

Reply to
Leon