OT; Strictly Come Dancing

Interesting to note that Strictly beat Dr Who in the viewing figures.

SWMBO & I are both Strictly fans. On my part, it has nothing to do with the scantily clad fit women gyrating about.

However, one thing I've noticed. On the Sunday Results Show, all the presenters, judges, dancers are very careful to talk about 'last night' or 'yesterday' or 'Saturday'.

Also, all the presenters & judges are dressed differently, but it's patently obvious the whole thing is recorded on the Saturday.

You only have to look at the audience, all dressed exactly the same & in exactly the same seats as the Saturday show.

No female would ever wear the same outfit twice!

Cheating methinks :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Absolutely sure that it is all done on the Saturday. If they don't think we have spotted that then they are dafter than I already thought. I'm not sure that you want to pursue the 'cheating' theme. The whole series is choreographed to make us believe it's a real competition ie keep the fat bloke in as long as possible and other naughties. Jim S Tyneside UK

Jim S

That sort of thing has been going on for years in TV, no real surprise. as for Dr Who, how do they know how many people watched. a lot of people recorded DR who and many more will use catch up services to see it and possible some may be goin to the cinema in the week to view it as well. I had Strictly, its possibly due to it being a very visual piece of programming. Why is it called Strictly as most of the people on ther seem to be having a whale of a time. not much strictness there is there. Maybe it should be called dancing with humour? I mean its all formulaic and I'm sure fo,lk know what they are going to say up front in any case.

What next, Celebrity come youghting, or perhaps celebs doing a stint in a butchers shop?

That cold be a Monty Python sketch. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Definitely both shows are recorded on Saturday night - you can even discover who was in the dance-off and who was 'sent home' - from about

10:30 on Saturday evening if you look in the right forums!

Wonder how many viewers believe that the second show actually takes place on Sunday evening ?

Definitely cheating - but then, so is much of the 'reality' stuff on TV. But then - it's 'entertainment' - and shouldn't be taken too seriously... (or Strictly)

Reply to
Adrian Brentnall

When this pretence started (2 years ago?) there were many verbal slips. One clue is the time for which the vote is open. It's about 15 - 20 min. - the X-Factor is 24h or so. I also note some of the more obvious 'landmarks' to see if they're the same. I do like it when Claudia's on - mad, that bird!

Reply to
PeterC

I like Reality TV - it's fantastic!

Reply to
PeterC

Give me a plateful of foetid dingoes kidneys any day...

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Would that be an Aldi Xmas offer?

Reply to
stuart noble

Her indoors says both parts always used to be broadcast on Sat night (they deserve Sundays off) but how do they keep the results secret? Can't see anything on Twitter but then I'm no expert on the latter

Reply to
stuart noble

They don't (see

for example **SPOILER** )

Also a few weeks ago didn't Deborah Meaden tweet saying thanks for keeping her in... on the Saturday night.

Darren

Reply to
D.M.Chapman

Might have got more replies if she had posted to this newsgroup.

Reply to
ARW

Only available in Fortnum and Mason Christmas hampers.

Reply to
alan

Not cheating. Contrived.

The Internet search engines suggest that the title is a cross between Come Dancing and Strictly Ballroom, I remember the former but not the latter (well maybe, vaguely) and, as for come dancing, I suppose it wriggles under a powerful microscope.

Reply to
Graham.

You're probably thinking telly, rather than film - Baz Luhrmann, 1992

Adrian

Ah, cheers for that. I was able to taunt the missus with that :-)

Reply to
stuart noble

But these are M&S foetid dingoes kidneys.....

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I've wondered that. OK the celebs, judges, dancers & crew could have a legal contract preventing them from talking, but not the audience.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Perhaps they should have called it "Dirty".

Reply to
Graham.

The camera always lies. At least, if it's a TV camera.

Reply to
Huge
[17 lines snipped]

The same people who think Jools Holland's "Hootananny" is actually recorded at New Year?

Reply to
Huge