OT: Bought SDS rotary hammer, keep hammerdrill?

I had to do some repairs to my slab and needed a powered chisel, so I bought a very nice 1" Makita SDS rotary hammer. I also have a 1/2" Milwaukee hammerdrill with an ordinary chuck. Now that I have the rotary hammer, is there any value in keeping the hammerdrill? The only time I've used an ordinary shank bit is when I got a package of Tapcons which contained a bit. I know there are SDS bits of that size. Will I miss out on something in the future if I put my hammerdrill on ebay?

Reply to
AL

Get rid of the hammer drill with the ordinary chuck.

I switched to SDS & never looked back.

cheers Bob

Reply to
BobK207

_Sell_ tools ?!

How fast does your SDS drill turn ? Mine is quick, because I paid a lot of extra money to get a 2-speed. Most of them though only rotate slowly, too slowly for happily drilling small holes in metal.

On old drill on eBay is going to bring in $5 on a good day. It's hardly worth it, you might as well keep it.

Reply to
Andy Dingley