Old subject - Biscuit joiners

It's a fine biscuit cutter. The PC is good too. Can't go wrong with either one.

Reply to
bf

Yeah, I love how some of those ebay sellers rake you over the coals for shipping and .. uh .. handling. Yep. Handling my a**.

I always check the S&H and "almost always" that's prevents me from buying from them. But some sellers do in fact give pretty damn good deals, even with a high S&H.

But $83 to ship a joiner? DUH

Jack

Bruce Adams wrote:

Reply to
mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.ne

Yup. I didn't quite lift my foot up high enough and snagged the cord. Pulled the router off the bench. old style 4.2" router base... bent. Stoopid money to replace. Shit happens.

Reply to
Robatoy

I chose the PC because it included the small blade for face frame work and a box of biscuits. I have owned the Dewalt and was very happy with it but thought I would get the one that did more just in case. max

Reply to
max

It's a solid, dependable tool that I'd buy again.

Is it a Lamello? No!

The PC can do FF biscuits, but I haven't missed not having that capability. If you want to use FF's, buy the PC.

If someone reviewed the DeWalt as awful, they don't know how to use a plate joiner. There are thousands of these in pro finish carpenters trucks and woodshops around the world. It's a perfectly serviceable tool, minus the artful precision of a Lamello, or the2nd, small blade of the PC.

Reply to
Ba r r y

I had settled on either the DeWalt or the Makita 3901. At the Big E WW show, the Makita was about $5 cheaper (around $120, IIRC) so I bought it. I am very happy with it, and have since used a friend's DeWalt. There's very little difference, and I'm sure you would be pleased with either.

Barry Lennox

Reply to
Barry Lennox