OK, So How Do You Actually Test A Bunch Of Different Finishes?

Watco Danish Oil, Linseed Oil, Tung Oil

Clear Varnish

Clear Varnish with a tint

Oil Based Lacquer

Sanding Sealer or No Sanding Sealer

Gel Stain of various colors

All great suggestions, none of which I have at home - except for the sanding sealer and some Wipe-On Poly.

So how to I go about testing upwards of 10 different products without going out a buying some of each? Is there an International House Of Finishes that serves a pay-one-price brunch buffet so I can sample a multitude of options? ;-)

Yes, I being slightly facetious, but is my only option really to spend $50, $60, I don't know, $80+? on a bunch of products, most of which I'll never use?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Well, you could look around for a novice who's been baffled by finishing for a few years. Such a person might have a can or two of most of those things laying around, and then some.

D> Watco Danish Oil, Linseed Oil, Tung Oil

Reply to
Greg Guarino

Wood craft often will allow you to test finishes in their store on your scraps. But don't take advantage of a good situation.

Reply to
Leon

Address, please. ;-)

Reply to