OK I deserve a you suck (with addition)

It's official! I paid $475 for a $300 miter saw on the PBS auction here in Cinci. Therefore I know I will recieve the obligatory YOU SUCK from everyone. Everyone omiting the er after the K will receive my blessing when I go to church. At least I will have a tax deduction for the pverpayment next year at tax time so it's not a total loss. Larry

Reply to
larry in cinci

Actually, PBS sucks!

Reply to
Swingman

I have a PC profile sander I am letting go for $300. Wanna suck some more? ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Are you happy about making a donation to a PBS station? If yes, you did good. Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net

Edwin Pawlowski

Don't feel too bad; somebody bought a used router table from me on Ebay for substantially over retail, and I am not even a worthy charity!

Reply to
Toller

If you feel that PBS is worthy of your donation then everyone is a winner. You wouldn't believe the prices I've paid for some things at silent auctions for the charities I believe in. I just wish they would have a nice Grizzly

1023SLX sitting there some time. :-)

Paul

Reply to
Paul in MN

You get a tax write off so you'll get some of the overpayment back. You got a tool you want and that's always cool regardless of the price. You helped out PBS which I assume you are an intentional supporter of (hence your attendance at the auction). You showed enough gonads to admit you overpaid. Tough to find fault in any of that.

Reply to
Larry C in Auburn, WA

Depends on where you are.

Here in CT, PBS is the TV home of the National Champion UCONN women's basketball team.

We probably have the highest PBS ratings in the country. In fact, we may be in the only area where PBS even shows up on the ratings!

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

Glad to here it went to what you thought was a worthy cause. Is PBS still on the air? I would of thought they would be long gone by now. But then again they show commercials, sell most of their shows. I heard they even went so far as to show commercials during Sesame Street i.e. "This show brought to you by the letter P as in Pepsi"

The final straw for me, was reading in the paper about the local PBS station manager taking home almost three times the salary, than any "for profit" station.

Do not forget, we all give to PBS thanks to the generous grants they get.

Roger

Reply to
Roger L

And Norm will be proud of you.

Nova

Reply to
larry in cinci

I think you missed the pun, Barry. Bass players should be right on top of the down beat there, bubba. ;>)

Reply to
Swingman

It flew right over my head, like a parade fly-by!

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

|Glad to here it went to what you thought was a worthy cause. |Is PBS still on the air? |I would of thought they would be long gone by now. |But then again they show commercials, sell most of their shows. I heard |they even went so far as to show commercials during Sesame Street i.e. "This |show brought to you by the letter P as in Pepsi" | |The final straw for me, was reading in the paper about the local PBS station |manager taking home almost three times the salary, than any "for profit" |station.

I put away my checkbook on May 28, 1996. On that day any self-respecting news organization ran something like this:

"After eight days of deliberations, the jury found Jim McDougal guilty of 18 of 19 charges, Susan McDougal guilty of all four charges against her and Gov. Tucker guilty of two of seven charges against him."

That should have been the lead on the "News Hour With Jim Lehrer" but noooo....

The PBS lead was a taped interview with Hillary "The Chipmunk" Clinton, wherein Lehrer asked three questions about the (now completed) trial and then moved off into other subjects, such as what a bad guy Bob Dole was for quitting his Senate job in order to run for President and her next book.

Reply to
Wes Stewart

Me too. They PBS is to the left of "far left." Less than objective journalism. And to think that I contributed to them in the early '90s.

RB

Wes Stewart wrote:

Reply to
RB