OARS

I'm reminded of the American tourist that went rowing on the Thames, and lost his grip on one of his oars. It was only very slowly floating away, so he called out to a nearby boat, with a man rowing and two women enjoying the ride, and asked, "Can I borrow one of your oars for a few minutes?". This upset the man terribly, and he hollered back, "These ain't no 'ores, they's me sisters!".

JOAT Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Reply to
J T

Reminds me of a technical document I wrote 40 years ago when I was a young smartass. I used the term "logical or" and footnoted it. The footnote read "a smart cockney businesswoman". The publishing branch called to see if I really wanted this in the finished document. To their credit, they left it in. Got a few calls from amused readers. It's a good way to see who is reading this stuff. mahalo, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn