O/T: Johns Hopkins Update

The point was, it's *not* worth reading.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Think about it. All commercial salt is/was sea salt. It may be from a sea that dried up millions of years ago. It is mined and the impurities removed. If you want the impurities, get some road salt.

Reply to
Gerald Ross

Not _quite_ the same, but thanks for playing.

-- Inside every older person is a younger person wondering WTF happened.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Uh, no. Just the reverse. All sea salt was originally on the land and washed into the sea. For example, mammalian blood is slightly less salty than sea water. From the difference, and by knowing how much salt washes into the sea each year, anthropologists can calculate almost exactly when our ancestors moved from the sea to land.

Reply to
HeyBub

Heaven forbid but I have to agree with you you on almost all of that.

"You know that what you eat you are." John Lennon.

Hey, but find a way, that the nerve that runs from the eyeball to the brain, can be modified, plumped up, sugared, salted, coloured, and then sold as a treat to the kids, and the MBA running that outfit will get another bonus. Of course the packaging will announce in bold letters: All natural! Sea Salt! Sugar product from natural corn! No animals were used in the testing of this product..... hey, but testing on our kids is okay, no?

The absolute garbage they sell in ordinary supermarkets these days makes me cringe. But wait! There's more! Now they are genetically modifying that garbage to boot!

How about Occupying Monsanto?

Reply to
Josepi

Sea Salt typically does taste better than the Windsor (Toy's fault) stuff. Check your contents on the box. Sea Salt has no sugar or iodine added to it.

Not _quite_ the same, but thanks for playing.

-- Inside every older person is a younger person wondering WTF happened.

Reply to
Josepi

I would like somebody to show me a case where a pancreatic cancer patient was cured going to a chem/cut doctor. You know the all God worshipped, "conventional medicine" doctors.

Some cancers alternative medicines have better results than "conventional quackery"

There is indeed an immunological aspect to cancer, as well as an oxygen aspect, and many bad substances can contribute to cancer. Once you have a mutation leading to, say CML, a diet can't help you. Perhaps Steve Jobs is an example. He delayed having surgery FAR, FAR too long in favor of alternative crooked medicine, and he did eventually die, but could have lived much longer had he had immediate surgery of his rather tame cancer. Alternative medicine may help conventional medicine, but in the case of cancer it can't substitute.

Reply to
Josepi

Baloney! Some compounds in chocolate are stated good for certain problems.

I just glanced at the original post. One thing that caught my eye was that chocolate was bad.. That is al I needed to know. If a program bans chocolate, I am not going to do it. There is lots of studies that say chocolate is good for you. The fat and sugar may be bad, but the chocolate it self is very good for you.

Beside, how are you going to live with women without chocolate?

Reply to
Josepi

Put-up or shut-up! All you have to do is present compelling evidence so we can all look at it!

"conventional medicine" is /anything/ that can be shown to repeatedly work better than a placebo. If there is any bullshit in there, science will weed it out, and this is what a lot of alternakooks don't like. They can't stand someone telling them "You are wrong, and this is why...".

To paraphrase Carl Sagan "Science is more a way of thinking than it is a body of knowledge".

Reply to
David Paste

I ask you to show me one example and your response is "Put-up or shut-up!"? Pathetic.

Your definition is flawed the "conventional medicine" only shows what worked for their "worked better than placebo" tests, as I indicated previously. A majority of medical testing does not use placebos or double blinded studies. Much of it uses the same study methods as Alternative medicine techniques. You have been duped by the Medical Mafia.

I stick with what works. Sometimes it is "conventional" and sometimes intelligent medicine techniques. I don't like using "better than placebo" techniques when some have died using them. Get your swine flu vaccine, yet?

Put-up or shut-up! All you have to do is present compelling evidence so we can all look at it!

"conventional medicine" is /anything/ that can be shown to repeatedly work better than a placebo. If there is any bullshit in there, science will weed it out, and this is what a lot of alternakooks don't like. They can't stand someone telling them "You are wrong, and this is why...".

To paraphrase Carl Sagan "Science is more a way of thinking than it is a body of knowledge".

------------ > I would like somebody to show me a case where a pancreatic cancer patient

Reply to
Josepi

I'm torn between this idea. GM foods can be good, but when the commercial pressure is applied, it's invariably s**te.

People need to be educated on the matter of diet, but the sad fact is, people just don't give a shit. I consider myself lucky that the vast majority of processed foods taste hideous to me, and also I live in a place where it is seen as socially positive to grow your own food, etc. I know most places, whilst not having a negative attitude to this, it just doesn't register at all.

(Of course, this is just my opinion...)

===================

Sounds like your, how did you phrase it? "better than placebo" attitude only applies when you need it.

All these "processes foods" have been approved by most of our nutritional boards by massive money studies and now you indicate they are not as good as natural methods.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with what you are saying but you appear to contradict yourself, as pointed out by others.

Reply to
Eric

In what way?

I didn't indicate they weren't as good, I indicated that I don't consider them as good as the alternatives I have access to, for me. I also acknowledged that many people just don't care.

Also, all food is natural. Maybe best to use the phrases 'processed' (or 'highly processed'?) and 'unprocessed' rather than 'natural' and 'processed' as it would seem to be setting up a false dichotomy.

How?

Reply to
David Paste

After so many lines the powers of deduction rise in your posting! The poster I found first nailing the Canadian idiot floating through many newsgroups made a small history of the troll from a woman's newsgroup.

look around at Google for "Gymmy Bob" "JP Bengi" with any number of name changing adaptations of those names. There is this digest written by an Ossie guy that checks out. Some hours of reading taking the route of the links posted!
upset the idiot to see the reactive copying of your posting name where the suckers swallow the bullshit in droves.

From: "m II"

The real "mII" (hopper) is now PGP signing his postings. From: m II User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:6.0.2) Gecko/20110902 Firefox/6.0.2 SeaMonkey/2.3.3

"Eric" "Josepi" with that "mII" forgery posting to Rec Woodworking have not a splinter between them. One solid block of wood!

Other names used by the idiot in Rec Woodworking?

From: "Mho"

From: "Eric" From: "Eric" From: "Eric"

From: "Josepi" From: "Josepi" From: "Josepi" From: "Josepi" From: "Josepi" From: "Josepi"

Get the picture? Topical to the thread Bengi is into everything medical over many newsgroups saying he owns every malady known to man! Where his ears are ringing in one news group his ass is flowing mucus in another while he sees none of it as his myopic eye is rotating out of control! Then there are his mental health problems where he is denying woman in one group claiming "super bitch" status to be found claiming a wife in another! All between serious binge sessions slurping up to a still! All trolls with all hooks quickly consumed by the suckers! There sure are plenty about these days. Look at this thread!

BB

Reply to
Brutos Bluto

No one could accuse me of being quick! Thanks for the info.

Reply to
David Paste

I watched an interesting news cast on candy. It turns out that chocolate is on the good list for cavities. The worst - sour whatever.

It is due to the PH of the candy - sour is way down and eats teeth alive. Chocolate is better as it is near neutral and has an oil that protects the teeth.

Mart>

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

Actually, it isn't so much the food you eat pH but rather the pH response your body produces to digest it. Your saliva becomes very acidic when you eat sugar products and that breaks down your tooth enamel.

If you want to get nutritional benefits out of chocolate then try some real chocolate without the sugar, not the chocolate flavoured candy we like to pretend helps our health.

It's not so much fun as they would have you believe and the chocolate bar companies have more testing results to hide. Know where the breakthrough reports are generated from.

I watched an interesting news cast on candy. It turns out that chocolate is on the good list for cavities. The worst - sour whatever.

It is due to the PH of the candy - sour is way down and eats teeth alive. Chocolate is better as it is near neutral and has an oil that protects the teeth.

Mart>

Reply to
m II

Lew, did you get it from YOUR cousin, or did you just leave that in the chain letter?

Maybe it's just me, but I prefer to get my cancer advice from an oncologist.

Would you go to an oncologist for advice on knee surgery?

See more below:

This is literally dead wrong.

Honey is mostly fructose and recent research has shown that pancreatic cancer cells react differently to fructose than they do to glucose.

The cancer cells thrive on either sugar. But when fed fructose they divide (multiply). This word was done on laboratory cultures, the cancer cells may behave differently in vivo. But it does rather strongly imply that high fructose foods are best avoided by people with pancreatic cancer.

It does not mean that fructose causes pancreatic cancer.

of the information in that chain letter may be true, maybe not.

But I strongly doubt that ANY of it came from ANY physician, let alone one from Johns Hopkins. It reads like run-of-the-mill New-Age Bullshit.

Oh and table salt does NOT have something added to it to make it white.

Reply to
Fred the Red Shirt

True. They also cure hundreds of thousands every day.

Alternative therapies kill hundreds of people every day. They contribute to the deaths of thousands more by discouraging them from using conventional medical approaches. Steve Jobs, for instance.

And unlike conventional medications, they cure no one.

Those that did, became conventional medication .

Yes. It is same reason why Ponzi schemes and bait an switch cons exist. There's a new sucker born every minute.

Reply to
Fred the Red Shirt

---------------------------- Got it from a cousin, passed it on as "worth a read".

Lew