Noah's tools

I just had a silly thought, after reading a post in ABPW about a gloat: imagine Noah's first thoughts after deciding to build the Ark! If EVER there was a project that warranted the purchase of MORE TOOLS, that's got to be the granddaddy of 'em all. :)

Too bad L-V wasn't around back then...

Dave

Reply to
David

'S all right. he asked on rec.woodworking, and got a flood of advice....

Reply to
George

What good would the warranties be though?

Reply to
musials

LOl!

Dave

George wrote:

Reply to
David

Quote from Noahm: "Now we'll just put in a couple hundred thousand wooden pegs to hold everything togethah until the glue dries..."

Reply to
gw

He must have had a hell of a time locating water-proof glue.

Dave

gw wrote:

Reply to
David

"Well yes dear, I suppose I could do it with the jointer I already have, but a larger one will help counter-balance the elephants."

"If you needed a new jointer God would have given you one."

"If he didn't think I needed one he'd have made the elephants smaller. And .. Hey! That darn lion is napping on the Unisaw again. I hope you can swim you mangy fleabag!"

-Leuf

Reply to
Leuf

TWO of everything, though....

Reply to
George

Even so, his first three construction attempts were abysmal failures. But, he perservered, and got everything right on the next attempt.

It was the original Ark "D" triumph.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

Gorilla Glue??

Reply to
gw

Yuck! I flashed on the wood chipper scene in Fargo. Ground gorillas...

Dave

gw wrote:

Reply to
David

Robert, now I know why my finished projects are full of "I should have done "x" differently". I don't make prototypes. (I'm too cheap and too slow to make 2 of everything).

Dave

Robert B> >

Reply to
David

Anyone have a tape graduated in a sixteenth of a cubit?

Reply to
Vic Baron

We had a guy, here in CT, that ran his wife though a woodchipper about

20 years ago.

I love you very mulch!

Barry

Reply to
Ba r r y

Will an 18th of a cubit do? It's between the middle knuckles of my little finger.

Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
Dave in Fairfax

Really big push stick?

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Reply to
Prometheus

On Fri, 06 May 2005 19:40:04 -0000, the inscrutable snipped-for-privacy@host122.r-bonomi.com (Robert Bonomi) spake:

No, the original arc de triumph was the guy who wrapped his Bonnie around a telephone pole.

Comprehensive Website Development ---------------------------------------------------

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Wasn't it cats that was used as pushrod?

Chuck

Reply to
CNT