No Mortise Hinges

Here's a stupid question that needs an answer;

I have purchased no mortise hinges from LV for a cabinet. I have never used these before.

The outer and larger portion of the leaf has the holes for the vertical adjustment. The smaller inner portion of the leaf has the holes for the horizontal adjustment.

Which portion of the leaf get's mounted on the cabinet doors.? I assume the smaller portion... Am I correct.?

Pat

Reply to
SawDust

That is true at least for the no mortise hinges I got from Rockler for my entertainment center.

Try playing around with them on your project; I know that in my case, when you have the door and the cabinet in your hands, there is only one way that it makes any sense for these hinges to be installed.

Good luck. They are easy to install, but I'm not really that thrilled with them,because of their design, they leave a gap between the cabinet and the door. For a cabinetry application, which the entertainment center pretty much equates to, this is OK, for a fine furniture project, this would not be acceptable. [now, if I were to mortise that frame in, the gap might go away ... ].

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Thanks for the response. I got a big roll of two side tape to help out. I'll take the 1/16th gap if it works.

Pat

Reply to
SawDust

I must be missing something. I don't see any adjustment at all in these hinges. I mounted a door with similar hinges and put the wider outer portion on the frame.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

Hi Bob,

The screw holes are not round they're slots. The slots run vertical and horizontal for making very minor adjustments.

Pat

Reply to
SawDust