New Use for a Drill Motor

Ugh. It cost us $14,000 to clean up a spill from where one of our trucks lost a fuel tank strap. I shudder to think how much the cleanup from that spill was. They probably had to dig up half whatever state that was in and truck it off to be decontaminated.

Reply to
Silvan

It happened about 45 years ago. The reaction was, O-MY-GOD, we lost

7,000 gal. fuel!!! Oh well at least it'll keep the dust down (the spill was in a sand pit). Nobody thought about the environment back then.

Now about 10-12 years ago one of my drivers ran over a broken spring on I93 just north of Boston. He spilled about 15gal. of fuel and it cost us $6,000 to dig up and dispose of 6 barrels of road-side dirt. They dug it up, trucked it to upstate N.Y., and buried it. ??

BTW if you ever get up to N.E. let me know. Dinner is on me.

Bob

BTW New F***ing York is NOT N.E.!!!

Reply to
Bob Carpenter

the closest I ever came to that was getting off a forklift a little too soon.. it hadn't stopped enough to set the brake and it kept going at about walking speed... right off the end of the dock..lol

Reply to
mac davis

You got THAT S**T right!!!!!!!

Reply to
Norman D. Crow

I have a trailer story for you. I previously worked at one of those big box stores, and one afternoon they delivered a trailer to be unloaded that night, dropped it and took off. Well the unloading crew got to that trailer at about midnight and found out the driver didn't back it all the way up to the dock. He must have ran into something and didn't pay any attention, so he thought he was against the dock and took off. He was ten feet from the dock. At that time of the night, there was nobody locally they could call, so they had someone drive down from the warehouse (two hrs drive) to back it up the last ten feet. It made for a good laugh!

Reply to
ToolMiser

reynold

Yeah, that is funny. Anyone with experience would know that the proper way to apply the BBQ sauce is with a HVLP spray system. Then, if the drill speed is adjusted properly, as each piece of chicken cooks to the proper point, it will become tender enough that it will be thrown or "ejected" from the rotisserie. Wings first, then legs, etc. When only the chicken carcass is left on the spit, bring out the lathe tools and start shaving off that breast meat.

Reply to
Lawrence Wasserman