New Toy

I finally broke down and bought a planer. A dewalt 735(now I am in the dog house SWMBO.) I ran a piece of wood through straight from the box and the using the default settings and it was right on. After reading the manual it doesn't really say anything about how to align the knives. I am sure sooner or later I will need to do it. Is there a good book or site that may help. I used to go to

but can't seem to bring it up anymore.

Roger

Reply to
Roger

Someday, it'll all be over....

Reply to
Tom

Try

and set up an account (its free) which will allow you into the technical area where they have the manuals, troubleshooting sections and alignment / repair procedures. I just used it a couple of weeks ago and they even have videos you can view on-line. They had my planer (DW733) but I don't know if they have the 734 or 735 on-line as yet.

Bob S.

Reply to
Bob S.

The dw735 is self aligning...just follow the directions for changing the blades.

Reply to
mel