Need advice for a Parquet Floor

I wish to lay a parquet floor. The parquets are 12x12. My present subfloor is PARTICLE BOARD.. I thought I would place water barrier paper over subfloor (after I remove present vinyl 12x12 's and smooth ruff spots). Then I was thinking of placing 1/4' layer of either AC or CDX PLYWOOD or LAUAN . After this, I was going to place the 12x12 WOOD PARQUET WITH PRE ADHESIVE over the new subflooring.I would appreciate advice on whether to use Plywood or Lauan and if one would ever use additional glue with a preadhesive 12x12 wood parquet. Thanks for any help . Chuck

Reply to
MAIN179