Minimum thickness for Dominos

Thinking about using my Domino to affix some maple trim to the edges of 1/2 inch (nominal) ply. Is that thick enough for the 4mm Dominos?

Reply to
Gramp's shop

inch (nominal) ply. Is that thick enough for the 4mm Dominos?

Not sure what you are asking exactly but perhaps this will help.

I regularly cut 5mm mortises, 25% thicker Domino, in the edge of 1/2" Baltic birch plywood.

Hint, for the fence depth setting I pull the black depth gauge all the way back and let the fence depth stop go down as far as it will go.

Used for this operation very often.

Leon