Mini scaffold advice?

Any advice on small compact mini scaffold to buy?

Reply to
me

Don't have any experience with scaffolds, but whenever I see mention of one, I think of the Little Giant ladder and it's scaffold capabilities. Guess that shows the effectiveness of some TV ads.

Reply to
Upscale

Reply to
roemax

The "roemax" entity posted thusly:

It also shows the observational skills of anyone who sees a Little Giant. That is one SERIOUSLY great ladder. Wish I could justify the price of one.

Reply to
Oleg Lego

It is a flexible ladder all right, but that does not come without a cost. I used one for a day while installing a sound system in a Panella's Bread shop. What a pain in the butt it was. It's heavy and awkward. Reconfiguring it - even simply trying to close it up so it can be moved, is a real pain. There were a ton of folks working in the place the day we installed the sound system so we had to work around electricians who were also working up in the ceiling, carpenters who were installing booths and railings, painters (that was brilliant!), etc., which meant we didn't have unlimited space all to ourselves. I wished I had just brought my 8 foot step ladder. Much easier to move about. In fact on the second store that I installed, I did exactly that.

I always thought the Little Giant looked pretty cool on TV, but I'll never spend the money on one, or the knock offs either.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Depends what you're using it for. I bought the $99 one from the blue box, made by Werner. It's been great for finishing the ceilings in my basement. It rolls around easily on the concrete floors and locks in place when I want it to. The lower shelf can be used as a portable workbench, to some extent. Very handy.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Shelley

On first thought, I'd have figured it was reasonably light. I guess though with all the parts within parts, it all adds up to being heavier than one would think. From what you've stated, it sounds like it's a versatile ladder, but one that's more useful being used in one position for longer periods of time.

Reply to
Upscale

Yeah - I should have been more specific about that. Since I was moving about all the time (working in the ceiling grid), it was not at all handy. Compound that with the fact that I had to "fold it up" frequently, it became a first rate pain. But... if you don't have to do so much moving about, it could be a good tool.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

HAHAHHA I can relate to that Panella's Bread fiasco! I do the network cabling for a lot of Starbucks. (I hate Starbucks) It's the same way there.

10 trades in the same confined space and the alarm guy is cussing his Little Giant. Nope, ya can't use my fiberglass ladder, I'm on it for the rest of the day!
Reply to
Tim Taylor

Is this the unit that is made of steel and has two steel "plates" that attach between the frame?

The overall dims are 4 foot tall by abt two foot deep?

Reply to
luckydog

Yes, that sounds like the one.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Shelley

Looks like most of your answers were about 'Ladders'.

Toward the end a couple of people mentioned a 'Werner' scaffold. It sounded similar to mine, but a little more complicated & expensive.

While I have a couple of ladders {the typical 6 footers} and a couple of 'step ladders' {the 3 footers}, many times you need something bit shorter. You know . . . when you grab a chair and it gets wobbly as you reach ?

Several months ago I was in the local HD for some item, and I saw a display of flat boxes with one mini-scaffold beside it. The 'sample' was heavy gauge Aluminum with steel 'locks'{like the Little Giant}. . . and marked with an incredibly low price !! {I had already gotten a 'Gorilla' knock-off of the 'Little Giant' and was well satisfied}. I checked with the Commercial Desk to be SURE the pricing was correct - with no 'catches'. It was and I bought one. After trying it out at home - I went back and bought another one !!

About 4 ft long and about a foot+ wide. About 2 ft high {extendable?}when 'unfolded' with a folding & removable 'paint / tool' shelf. At $39 I COULDN'T pass it up !!

Ron Magen

That unit, and ones like it, are outstanding. They fold flat, are lightweight, very maneuverable and can be configured at a couple of different heights depending on what you're doing. I highly recommend one.

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

yeah that's probably what I will get

I wish it were made of aluminum tho and even lighter

Reply to
me

Have a link to it so I can see what it is?

Reply to
me

About 2 years ago, I was in Tractor Supply and found a small scaffold for $200. All steel, painted yellow, 6' long, 30" wide and adjusts to

6' tall, lockable swivel wheels. Disassembles to 30"x72"x6" - each end piece has ladder rungs. It's not the conventional scaffolding with the X-braces. When we replaced the light fixture in a 12' tall entry, it was great. Stand right next to the fixture and work on it. One snaller chandelier was replaced with a much larger fixture.

Depends > Any advice on small compact mini scaffold to buy?

Reply to
IBM5081

The 'instructions' are buried somewhere. However, when I came back to the office I saw the wrapper / advertisement - in fact have it in front of me, now.

One of the reasons I bought them with a fair degree of confidence is the manufacturer. 'HUSKY' and BOTH the name & logo have the 'registered trademark' cartouche - so I know it's NOT a 'knock-off'.

I would 'Google' for 'Husky . . The Toughest Name in Tools'. Once on the site, look for 'Adjustable Work Platform' and a part number of 492 465.

By the way, I was correct about the 'adjustable height' - 20.75 inches and

31.25 inches.

Regards & Good Luck, R>

Reply to
Ron Magen

Understood

Want 2 foot deep by 4 foot high by 4 foot long

Reply to
me

I tried, but I couldn't find 'Adjustable Work Platform' anywhere, let alone the part number. I started here:

Can you please navigate me to where you were looking?

- Owen -

Reply to
Owen Lawrence

This style of scaffold is available for about $160 at Menards. I'm pretty sure it is made in China.

I just bought one of these from someone on Craigslist locally a few weeks ago for $95. Mine is a Bil-Jax and I think made in the USA.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert