Mentoring A Novice Woodworker - Web page about it Mentoring A Novice Woodworker Mentoring A Novice Woodworker

Putting together a web page about this Linen Cabinet process took almost as long to do as as was spent over the three day weekend.

In retrospect - a lot got covered and done.

how much will get done this coming weekend.

Reply to
charlieb

Nice job Charlie...

As always, a nice story with pictures helps explain what the hell is going on.

I like it... get the rest of the story up when you can.

charlieb wrote:

Pat Barber

Pat:

Glad you liked it. This weekend we'll be doing the doors and maybe the side panels using a Shaker raised panel bit from Sommerfeld or just a cove bit if she decides to go with applied panels.

Will skip the rail and stile routing and just ease the edges of the frames a little or maybe a little chamfer and some chisel work in the corners.

If she goes with solid wood raised panels we'll get into edge joining and panel glue up, maybe using biscuits or DOMONOs for alignment

- being careful of course to not put any where the panel bit will be cutting (learned THAT lesson on the first panel do I did)

If we do the boards glue up first, then the door rails and stiles we may be able to do the raised panel stuff Sunday. Wait 'til she gets to the sanding. I don't mind hand sanding - but it drives some folks nuts.

Interesting this mentoring thing. I'm relearning stuff I've not done for a while and the mentoree is enjoying making her own piece of furniture - start to finish.

She keeps saying "I'm never going to remember all this stuff!"

"Don't worry about that. Some of it will stick and the rest won't take much to bring back. And it'll be on my website for you, and anyone else who wants to use it, anyway. Enjoy and don't worry about a thing."

Reply to
charlieb

Interesting read Charlie, as usual - waiting for more..........

Vic

>>> Wonder how much will get done this coming weekend.

Reply to
Vic Baron