Maximizing cuts

Does anybody know of any software (Even better... FREEware) that will compute and show the best cuts to maximize use of a sheet of plywood? Even better would be the ability to input a custom size board from which I would make multiple pieces.

Thanks much

Jimmy

Reply to
JimmyG

This software has a sheet layout tool

freeware, and there may be better sheet layout software elsewhere but this provides a guide as to how to maximize your sheet cutting for less waste. (it's an aussie product) Note the last screenshot in the right column.

-- Regards,

Dean Bielanowski Editor, Online Tool Reviews

6 Reviews:

- Ryobi One+ Cordless Tool System

- Festool CT Mini Dust Extractor

- Kreg K3 Pocket Hole Joinery System

- Incra Miter Express

- Book: Scroll Saw Fundamentals

- Ryobi BT3100K Table Saw System

www

It ain't free, but CutList Plus does all that, and more.

Swingman

Cutlist has a free trial version that will accept up to 5 different pieces and lay them out on any size board you want.

"I'd rather expect the best of people and be wrong than expect the worst and be right."

Reply to
DonkeyHody