Magic Wand Rack

Funny how projects spawn related projects.

After seeing Harry Potter #3, the neighborhood kids' demand for magic wands picked up. Made five and an extra handle, which turned out to be for a little girl in either North or South Carolina. With four of the wands in one household, there naturally was a need for a Magic Wand Rack.

So, a little playing in Aldus SuperPaint, some birdseye maple ply, some claro walnut, some padouk and what may be rosewood, along with a piece of maple and some black or honey locust, it's coming along. There's also going to be a tiger eye cabachon and some crystal (actually plastic but that's a secret) balls.

Turning the finials on a little UniMat has been a refinement of what I learned turning the wand handles. Doing one, winging it, finial is fairly easy. Doing two that match is a bit more challenging. So I'm doing scaled drawings, again in SuperPaint.

Pics posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

This turning thing can get addictive.

charlie b

Reply to
charlie b

Looks like you're having enirely too much fun. :-D

Reply to
Morris Dovey