Logosol question

Has anyone used this Logosol? It looks like it could actually work.

Thanks.

Reply to
Michael

Not too efficient but effective.

I thought getting that first cut might take some extra equipment as it does . And that is a pretty beefy saw. Need to be sure you have the right setup for the length of logs you want to mill. I would also opt for getting the l og up higher to save the back. So some rigging or other options could help. Not bad for a backwoods operation.

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

es. And that is a pretty beefy saw. Need to be sure you have the right setu p for the length of logs you want to mill. I would also opt for getting the log up higher to save the back. So some rigging or other options could hel p. Not bad for a backwoods operation.

That's what I was thinking too. For $200.00, it looks pretty do-able if the video is any indication. I have a Stihl 290, so it doesn't have the beef t hat the chainsaw in the video has. The other alternative is to save my penn ies for a couple of years and get the stand up model that cranks a chainsaw through the log. It's hard to imagine, though, that I would get my money b ack on a $1500.00 investment (as if an investment has ever prevented me fro m buying anything before).

dVSPmTc0F1_I

Reply to
Michael

//tinyurl.com/p93hk8a Thanks.

Milling with a chainsaw is tough work and time consuming. It's not a piece of cake. You will need a good commercial chainsaw, definitly not a homeown er's model, unless you will cut only one moderate size log. A homeowner's model will burn up, fast. Also, you will need a rip cutting chain, not a cross cutting chain.... or, at least, it is best to use a dedicated rip cut ting chain.

Using a cross cutting chain, for rip cutting, will put even more pressure o n the work of the saw. If using a cross cutting chain, saw much slower, th an "normal"(?) speed, and give your saw a rest, often.... let it cool down, periodically.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny