Let's talk about dovetails

I found Frid's video helpful as well, especially on the half blind dts. (Dts? that doesn't sound right :-))

Reply to
LDR

Where were you when I posted the link to my notes every month or so since I did them a year or two ago? They even show up in a Google search.

My version was more like Skoobie Do - Huuuuuuh!?

What you think you know is only verified when you try and apply it. Mr. Klausz is a good teacher and even though he goes through the steps three or more times in the tape there's a lot of fine points that are important but easily overlooked.

When I try something new that's a bit more complicated than it first appears to be, I start making notes to myself. Being basically a visual person, there's usueally a lot of illustrations. When I'm done I understant things a lot better and have the notes to fall back on if and when I need them again. Since the notes are done on my computer (a Mac), putting them up on the web where other poor souls can find them doesn't take much additional work.

If you found the dovetail stuff useful you might want to check out the mortise and tenon primer

And if you have a table saw, the Kickback info may give you a better undestanding of how and why it tries to kill you with a flying projectile from stime to time

stuff this woodworking thing

charlie b

Reply to
charlie b

On the other hand, DTs could explain a lot about the folks that never seem to figure this out. ;~)

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 17:44:06 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "John Grossbohlin" quickly quoth:

That and those bassackwards Tail-Firsters confusing things. ;)

- This product cruelly tested on defenseless furry animals - --------------------------------------------------------

Web App & Database Programming

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Have you had a look a tthe free dovetail template generator at

will draw the template of the tails for you.

Reply to
Blocklayer