lemon vs. orange oil + beeswax as polish...

I'm considering using some citrus oil & beeswax on some furniture as recommended by manufacturer (Borkholder); it's made of cherry and medium brown (a little reddish) color finish.

Any thoughts here on whether there's a difference between orange oil vs. lemon oil + beeswax?

The color in the bottle is slightly different, but just wonder if at end of day it's noticeable on the wood, or whether there are any other reactions / consequences of choosing 1 vs. the other.

THANK YOU!

Reply to
trippknightly

The oil makes dust stick to the rag. The real benefit, beyond dust removal, goes to wax. It's less volatile, so it stays behind and sheds dust. Beeswax is a pretty soft one, and gives less overall benefit than something harder with a higher carnauba content, for instance.

Reply to
George

Orange oil will strip paint. I've seen a plastic kitchen measuring cup melted by orange oil.

Reply to
Australopithecus scobis

The "lemon oil" I bought for finishing inside drawers was made from lemongrass. It stank to high heaven, so much so that I left the box open outdoors for a couple of days, then still had to throw a handful of lavender in there to hide it. Not something I'll be using again.

Reply to
Andy Dingley