Keyhole hangers

Found the following keyhole hangers and they are the type I need.

checked and Hafele will sell only packages of 100. Having goggled over 1 hour and not finding any other suppliers, am turning to this learned group. Does anybody know who else may have these hangers in smaller quantities. Other type of keyhole hanger will not do. Thanks in advance.

Vic

Reply to
Victor H.

No idea, but couldn't you make your own.

In any quantity you need?

Reply to
HeyBub

No, These are plastic that you would epoxy and press into a pre-drilled.

Reply to
Victor H.

Try this site and click on the Mini-Hanger in the center of the top row:

's not your exact item, but they are round and require only a drill and a few bits to install them.

Of course, if you are trying to avoid the use of any metal, then the Department of Homeland Security might want to have a chat with you. ;-)

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I want this keyhole hanger for an oval oak mirror frame which is

1 1/2" wide. All the metal hangers that I've seen have screw holes above and below the keyhole slot and are too long. Please send me the link for the hangers you think I may use.
Reply to
Victor H.

You could hang it on a French cleat, even 1/4 ply should suffice. Never gets out of level either, assuming you fasten the cleats horizontal. Or make them pivotable.

Reply to
dadiOH

Victor H. wrote in news:p8oig8lfd0dgo0goes4cm2nl91sossmgd3@

4ax.com:

Is there some reason you can't use a keyhole router bit to make your own keyhole(s) in the wood?

Reply to
Doug Miller

I'd suggest getting a keyhole router bit if you have a router.

scott

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

There is a key hole slot cutter router bit. Cheaper and many more uses assuming you have not yet drilled the hole.

Plunge the bit and slide the router the distance desired.

Leon

Now that we have some more information, it may turn out that the ones I suggested might be a little too big. They require a 1.25" hole and his frame is only 1.5" wide. That doesn't leave a lot of wood around the hole.

The ones that Vic linked to are only 1.06" in diameter, leaving a bit more room around it.

I'm thinking the keyhole router bit might be the best suggestion.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

And assuming he has a plunge router. ;-)

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Well actually I used mine before I was aware plunge routers existed, early 80's. 0~)

Reply to
Leon

I knew that...I was just joking. I'll rephrase my comment:

And assuming he has a router. ;-)

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Ok, I wound a string around the key hole bit, gave the string a yank as I threw the bit at the project to cut the hole before I had a router, in the olden days. LOL

Reply to
Leon

Not too hard to use in a fixed-base router with some guides and a littlei practice if necessary.

Reply to
Larry W

So Vic,

making your keyholes in wood is not very hard. Make a template to quickly line it up and plunge, move and shut.

not hard, if you had a lot to do a pedal for power and self aligning jig would be perfect and fast.

Reply to
woodchucker

I can't really see why 'other type of keyhole hanger will not do'. If it fits flush into a drilled hole what else do you need of it? This one is

25mm and available in small quantities. You will have to work harder to get them since the supplier is in Wales but with ebay many things are possible:

John McGaw