Just Back from Divin' In the Chicago ARea

I picked up a rusty, broken Stanley #78 and two other thing-ga-majigs plus a pile of old horseshoes and other stuff. Maybe someone can identify the hanger thing-ga-majig just behind the rusty plane?

see all of the stuff @

Lawrence L'Hote

Looks like outrigger brackets to hang planks as a platform off the side of scaffolding (or maybe ladders depending on the lenght of the bracket arms.).

Art

Lawrence L'Hote wrote:

Reply to
Art and Diane

" Maybe someone can identify the

provides places to put a plank.

Reply to
Roger amd Missy Behnke

It is a roof jack which hooks onto the nails under a set of shingles and holds boards to provide firm footing on steep roofs.

Reply to
woodworker88

Yup, it's a ladder jack. The part of the bracket with the slanted slots is to allow adjustment for the angle of the ladder.

Reply to
Norman D. Crow

This group is an amazing knowledge base. Sure enough, if you Google with images the thing comes up. Thanks to all for the help. Now, what do I do with them...I'm afraid of heights.

Larry

Reply to
Lawrence L'Hote

So? Just use them with a step stool