Just a few thou can ruin a joint.

Paranoia much? The colonial guy sure has you doing loops. I am watching. Comical how he has set you up in your own noose. Comical in how you walked right into it. No, look at your bowel, Janice. My dear departed wife spent months in agony before passing away. All down to you with your crank posts on glutens. Whilst it took me time to find you, I do have you now. Nailed. I have little to do in the evenings now. Your legacy haunts you, now.

Nale

Reply to
Nale Bangha

My handcut dovetails genrally have zero clearance... but they stay together.

Leaving room for glue is overrated. ;~)

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

It's an excuse for poor craftsmanship. :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

Well of course it really comes down to opinion and individual preference in this instance. For my own needs and preferences, I stand by my statement of opinion that the Kerfmaker is an unnecessary, exorbitantly priced, and overrated tool. I'll stick with the old method, accurate, tried and true in my experience, and described in the past on the rec, of cutting any old piece of scrap as a guide. YMMV and your opinion may be different. That's what makes the world and usenet go round.

Reply to
Larry W

It's so much quicker to have firm opinions on tools you've never used. And cheaper.

RicodJour

Even if it's really good glue? Even if Festool made glue and had a Festool Psycron glue dispenser with metric gap filling settings?

RicodJour

You don't need glue with Festool saws. They leave behind a hook and loop surface that bonds, instantly, when the joint is put together.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Indeed it is, I must admit when I first saw the B&D adjustable wrench with a battery powered motor to do the adjusting, I reached a similar opinion even more quickly. On the other hand, I really like my old Delta cast iron tenoning jig, and there are plenty here on the rec that will tell me I'm a fool for having one. :)

Reply to
Larry W

I hear the new L-N glue will allow the various pieces of wood to grow together seamlessly.

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

That called a graft joint.

Reply to
-MIKE-

The glue reactivates the DNA so it grows until there is 25 lbs / sq inch of pressure.

Who woulda thought...

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

Just add water?

Bill

Reply to
Bill

No, it has to the natural byproduct of Shiner Beer, applied naturally ...

Reply to
Swingman

Wanna sell it? I have a more modern Delta tenoning jig and it's great (WHO says a tenoning jig isn't as useful as a pocket on a shirt?) but if you have the one I think you do then I'm jealous.

Reply to
Steve Turner

Lew will insist on Gougeon Bros Single Malt with micro balloons.

Reply to
Robatoy

I recall a similar recent conversation about the Grr-Ripper.

Reply to
Steve Turner

Did somebody mention Shiner? Hot dang, I'm off to the fridge... :-)

Reply to
Steve Turner

We probably have the same one, mine isn't _that_ old. It's a 34-183. About the same as the current 34-184:

've seen the older model you're probably thinking of, I don't know if I could even lift it! The 1172 model:

Larry W

----------------------------------- Good for many things; however, this application requires "Little Greenies" that have received primary processing and are ready for direct application.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Yes, we do. Mine is also the 34-183. I've use mine a LOT, and it's a very useful tool.

doubt our modern versions have more features and are probably more useful, but I'd still like to have one of those old jobbies if I could find one.

Reply to
Steve Turner