Jointer expectations from the mill?

Did you know that Sam was born in my hometown of West Chester, Pa.

I went to school with his nieces and nephews.

I like the Adagio as much as anyone but there are some interesting minor works that get overlooked. He lived in a house about a block from Claude Rains, who didn't come from WC but everybody liked having him around anyway.

Since you are such a perfectionist you must love brother Bach.

I have this perfectly awesome Bach recording that I listen to almost every day that is by Christopher Hogwood doing the Goldberg Variations.

If you don't have it, I want to send it to you.

I want to send it to everyone.

The seventh cut is a killer.

Regards,

Tom Watson

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

Tom Watson

Cool!

Which one? :-)

Last spring, I read a book on Christian apologetics that contained a chapter entitled "Twenty arguments for the existence of God." As I'm sure you suspect from some of the things I've written in the past, I'm quite sympathetic with the author's viewpoint, but to be quite honest I found most of his arguments unconvincing at best, and many of them contained elementary logical fallacies which rendered them utterly invalid. The one which seemed to me to have the most merit was Number 17, reproduced here in its entirety: "There is the music of Johann Sebastian Bach. You either see this or you don't."

Yes, I'm very fond of the music of J.S. Bach, and that of another composer who wrote similarly complex music but is much less widely known: Henry Purcell.

However... in my mind, nothing surpasses the nine symphonies of Ludwig van Beethoven.

I'm familiar with the piece, of course, but not with that particular recording of it, I don't believe.

I think you know where I live. :-)

I'll see if I can lay my hands on a copy. Thanks.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Thanks for the lesson.

Barry

Reply to
B A R R Y

Aha! So all those coopered doors were to find some use for the poorer sticks in his collection.

[Snip wisdom; it's all in Tom's post for anyone who missed it]

Not hardly. Thanks, Tom. That's a keeper for sure.

Ken Muldrew

Big Daddy - and he really was a big daddy, wasn't he.

I ripped that cut from the CD and put it on my site so you could check it out:

said Goldberg but meant Brandenburg, and it's from Christopher Hogwood and The Academy of Ancient Music's recording of Concertos (or Concerti, as some of us old farts would still have it) 1 - 6.

Enjoy!

BTW - play that sucker as loud as you can stand it.

Regards,

Tom Watson

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

Tom Watson