Is my wife crazy?

I have a propane flame weeder, but I don't use it on the lawn. It is great on the brick walkway. Fire is always more fun than round-up.

Reply to
Drew Lawson

As long as it's behind a transparent aluminium wall, it's safe.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

You might want to follow the _fan_ literature.

there were a number of stories written after the David Gerrald epsiode aired.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

,

Personally I've never found fanfic to be particularly appealing. And it certainly is not canon.

Reply to
J. Clarke

,

"The hell you damnwell say." said Spock.

-- Education is when you read the fine print. Experience is what you get if you don't. -- Pete Seeger

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Tried 5 Garden stores and the the first 4 had no idea what I was talking about. The 5th one knew exactly what it was and had them for $9.99.

SWMBO was happy and liked that it had a T handle similar to this:

Limp Arbor

Tried 5 Garden stores and the the first 4 had no idea what I was talking about. The 5th one knew exactly what it was and had them for $9.99.

SWMBO was happy and liked that it had a T handle similar to this:

price is right. She might later like a long-handled dibble if her knees don't take kindly to the shuffling. Welding up a T handle tube on a piece of rebar and put a perpendicular foot step a few inches up from the sharpened working end and the operation eases.

If she wants to gauge penetration depth, the simplest way is to tightly wrap a piece of flag tape at the desired height.

Though germination procedures vary, success is greatest if you put a seed that has just germinated in the hole. For a lot of things, some time between moistened paper towels vertically filed between plastic separators in a plastic box kept in a cooler dark place works great. The root should go down with gravity, so she can orient them easily on planting. Optimum time for removing them is right before the upward part of the stem starts to unfold leaves. Plant that upward end a bit below loose ground cover and the seedling will have protective time to adjust to the sun before coming up.

She if she buys the notion that the maker's guild slogan for these instruments is "A little dib'll do ya." Don't be surprised if she wants to run her fingers through your hair after that. It's an Earth Mother thing.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

Reply to
Edward Hennessey

DD_BobK

And wot's a 'smething'?

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Why, it's a muted something, Lob.

-- Experience is a good teacher, but she send in terrific bills. -- Minna Thomas Antrim

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Nah, I think gamboling in the gyre ...

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Gamboling is illegal for gyre eens.

-- Experience is a good teacher, but she send in terrific bills. -- Minna Thomas Antrim

Reply to
Larry Jaques

LOL! I have a bucket of them for an "art in the park" day on Sunday, along with other turnings (pens, votive candle holders and potpourri bowls) and my new line of cigar box gitfiddles...

I make them out of cedar, burn 1" depth marks with wire, and finish with shellac.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

FWIW, Google Shopping finds a variety of them with keywords "garden dibble" and "planting dibble".

Reply to
J. Clarke