Interesting table

My wife and I stayed at a golf resort over the weekend. We don't golf, but the location was convenient to an area we wanted to explore and the place was historic and interesting. The grounds were lovely as well. I took photos of a few pieces of furniture that caught my eye, especially a massive, tall, round table.

The uprights appear to be joined to the base with pegged mortise and tenon joints. I'm wondering how the two base pieces are joined to each other; perhaps a half-lap?

Reply to
Greg Guarino

That's what it looks like.

Reply to
dadiOH

If not half-lap, it should be.

Reply to
Swingman

Thanks for sharing, the old stuff was the best.

Reply to
OFWW

That base looks strong enough to support a big drill press.

Reply to
gray_wolf