instrument cases and parts...

Nope. Charlie Self and Silvain write at one level, the rest of us are far below. ;-)

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

I have similar books. ;-)

Yeah, you have the gift. When I close my eyes I can almost picture your shop clearer than mine. ;-)

I have written a lot of dry technical manuals and the like. ("From the File menu, select ...") I have a fantasy of writing a programming "bestseller" . I even had one serious tryout with a publisher. But nothing came of it. If I spend 3 hours on a page, it can eventually become publishable. But 3 hours per page on 500 pages is way too much time for the $.

I enjoy reading Charlie Self's posts just because he packs so much information in so few words. There's a reason publishers want him to write for them. O'Deen is also fun. After reading one of his typical posts I'm ready to move to CA and take up surfing. Your posts tend to take me into your world and look at things through your eyes. I bought a used lathe, and I'm planning to make a bunch of stupid candleholders. Wish me luck!

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

I only have two.

Dude, it's a shed with WAY too much stuff crammed into it. What more do you need to visualize?

(I kinda miss that POS Skil sometimes. At least it had a small footprint. Until I fire up my saw and enjoy the gentle whisking of Crapsman's finest.)

Now you know my secret. I've been working on "Using Rosegarden" for two years, and I'm only up to 200 pages. Seven pages a day is good progress, and I have lots of screenshots to fill up space. When I'm in it with both feet, I spend eight hours a day on it. Eight hours for what probably comes down to about five pages of copy.

Yeah, that's definitely not my gift. I am many things, but I am not a man who knows how to say things with few words.

I write the same way I talk, incidentally. There's almost no difference.

I have a long history of being descriptive. I don't remember this, but I am told that I once went to the principle to report some big female bully for "descending upon my back with her talons of fire and raking them across me like bolts of lightning" or some such blather that had "talons" and "fire" and "lightning" in it.

In my high school, I was voted most likely to wind up driving a furniture truck.

I didn't sell even one stupid candleholder at that show. None of the mushrooms either. NONE of them.

Reply to
Silvan

Try Ohio Travel Bag

is a wholesaler of luggage and case hardware. If you are not a business they can point you in the right direction.

Reply to
mrea