Ideas?

Found these on the side of the road. Wrought Iron. What could I make? What are they? I just can't walk by anything heavy...

Jim

I'm guessing small outdoor table bases...

Reply to
dpb

Yep, along with a snow shovel and a mattress. :-)

Reply to
FrozenNorth

Only thing that comes to mind here is some sort of base for a planter. Insert a large glazed pot in the thing and...

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

First thing that came to mind: glass top tables.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Nice find - I think table - rather than planter - .. the rim seems to suggest table top .. .. and a planter would drain all over the base ? John T.

hubops

I believe they once held urn shaped planters, but not sure where you would find replacements. Perhaps one of the big box stores has a lightweight round planter urn that would fit well enough to serve the original purpose.

Reply to
Digger

FrozenNorth wrote in news:n2g87m$3i4$1 @uponpenaltyofdeath.dont-email.me:

A good snow shovel, too.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Just about the right side for a hammockside lemonade pitcher.

Reply to
whit3rd

guess it depends on your skills do you want to repurpose them entirely or keep them close to original purpose

Reply to
Electric Comet

Dunno, I've used mine as a long-handled dust pan a few times since we moved from Vermont. I was thinking about mounting it above the fireplace as a conversation piece.

Reply to
krw

I think they are for planters. They hold the vessel off the ground. Nice find.

Reply to
woodchucker

One powered by a youngster hired is a good snow shovel.

Reply to
Markem

They are Veranda or porch container holders. Ceramic pots with a rim sits over the top inset and flows downward but does not touch. They hang on the top rim.

But alternate use - maybe lounge chair table or snack tray holder with the other on the other side with a tub of 'beverage'.

Mart> Found these on the side of the road. Wrought Iron. What could I make? What are they? I just can't walk by anything heavy...

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

"Mike Marlow" wrote in news:n2go1p$ajo$1 @dont-email.me:

Let me introduce you. Mike, this is a good snow shovel. Good snow shovel, this is Mike. He's not going to be happy about using you, but at least he'll be able to get the job done effectively with no worries about breaking you. :-)

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Nice victorian style plant container holders. Reuse as such or would make interesting tables with (colored) glass or mosaic tops. My MiL, a floral nut, would love to stick them in her garden!

Reply to
Casper

"Mike Marlow" wrote in news:n2hj0o$37s$1 @dont-email.me:

The good snow shovel likes long walks on the driveway, being left out in the freezing cold, and responds really nicely to a little lube. Forget dinner and a movie, you can get right to action!

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

My wife would have granite sink cutouts on them before she got them home.

Reply to
Swingman

What are they? I just can't walk by anything heavy...

Too short for a patio dining-type table. Maybe side tables.

But I think plant holders. And let's not be common. Let's be more sophi sticated, upper class.... lends itself to more value. They are for jardin ières.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

On 11/18/2015 12:46 PM, Sonny wrote: ...

My guess...

On reflection, it's possible were pots with 'em that did have lips to sit in the rim cutout. Maybe were left out and water collected and froze and cracked 'em sometime in the past??? I was thinking the table tops had been broken was reason for the pitchout, but either way they're a nice piece o' work that could be made functional relatively easily again...

Reply to
dpb