I'm baaaaaaaaaaack...

This is a case of a day short and a dollar late... j4

Reply to
jo4hn

Glad to hear they got it in time, John. I'm due for my "finger wave" & physical next mo., also the bloodwork & PSA. Had the prostate biopsy a couple years back, all negative(so far).

Reply to
Norman D. Crow

Glad to see you up and about John,

stay well,

Groggy

Reply to
Groggy

Fri, Jul 22, 2005, 12:50am (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net (jo4hn) informs us: . Had prostate cancer surgery last Monday.

Ran acroos this by accident - checking on a previous thread of my own. Glad to hear you survived. Join the club. You can send your dues to me, all twenties will do fine.

Mine was colon cancer, 2000. I take it you'll have chemo , you'll "love" that. LOL Could be worse. In case you never saw it, or want to reread it. here's my story. Just stay optimistic.

JOAT Blessed are the flexible; for they shall never be bent out of shape.

- Unknown

Reply to
J T

Thanks for the note JOAT. Fortunately for me I had been getting in for annual checkups (Kaiser is pretty insistent) and they caught it early. No chemo or radiation. Hallelujah again.

Read your story. Glad you survived. As my cousin once observed: "Stay out of them hospitals. The doctors are all in cahoots with the undertakers." mahalo, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

Remember the old Redd Fox joke about the two brothers.

One became an obstetrician, the other an under taker.

That way, they had them coming and going.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

I have it secondhand from an MD that a good proxy measure for a quality primary care doc is how carefully and vigorously he or she does the prostate exam. Seems that they aren't overly fond of the exam either, and that the MDs who take their time doing it are displaying an attention to what needs to be done that carries over to other areas of the doctoring business.

Reply to
Michael.Lacy.junk

Sun, Jul 24, 2005, 9:01pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net (jo4hn) who doth sayeth: =A0No chemo or radiation. Hallelujah again.

Well, you got me beat there. But, do you have a female doctor giving you the finger? I do. LOL

JOAT Blessed are the flexible; for they shall never be bent out of shape.

- Unknown

Reply to
J T

Sun, Jul 24, 2005, 9:18pm (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@colostate.edu MDs who take their time doing it are displaying an attention to what needs to be done

But, how do you tell if the MD is paying attention to detail, or being affectionate? I guess how many hands are on your shoulders would be a good hint. LMAO

JOAT Blessed are the flexible; for they shall never be bent out of shape.

- Unknown

Reply to
J T

I worked at a hospital back in the 70's that had ashtrays decorated with the local funeral home's information in the cafeteria and snack bar. Quite handy, I would think....

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Lemme tell ya about today. Went to the doc for the 1 week check and to get some or all of the hardware pulled out. The doc pulled the staples and put a new paper dressing on. Then the female nurse comes in, fills your bladder with water, pulls the catheter, and you pee. There is something about somebody coming in to fix your dick that proves that there is no dignity when hospitals are involved. Actually, it was all very professionally done and they didn't hurt me much. Glad to be home. mahalo, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn