I don't know why people make such a big deal about design...

Now BFU,

that's another matter.

Ranks right up there with Ya Mamma stuff.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

On Fri, 8 Jan 2010 07:44:26 -0800 (PST), the infamous RicodJour scrawled the following:

Apparently, abortion should be mandatory in Italy...

-- We rightly care about the environment. But our neurotic obsession with carbon betrays an inability to distinguish between pollution and the stuff of life itself. --Bret Stephens, WSJ 1/5/10

Reply to
Larry Jaques

No, Mike, that was me -- revisit the site, and look at comment #4. :-)

Looking at the site again, I was struck by the similarity between the first name of the creator of that abomination (Feruccio) and the German word verrueckt (German v is pronounced like English f).

Verrueckt means "crazy".

I'm sure that's just a coincidence.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Agreed. But in this case it should be retroactive.

Gordon Shumway

Our Constitution needs to be used less as a shield for the guilty and more as a sword for the victim.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

OK, that piece gives the word "butt-ugly" a bad name. Who thought *that* was a good idea?

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Which means this piece is a shoo-in for best in show.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

"RicodJour" wrote

It looks to me like a very clumsy and laboured attempt to be witty and attract attention.

But then there's plenty of that about in other spheres of activity.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Gorman

And somebody apparently is mass producing them for sale. So much for the Italians as arbiters of style.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Exactly. It's like one of those NEXT BIG THING ideas you get when you're three sheets to the wind one night and brainstorming with your equally drunk buddies, write it down, and the next morning you're saying, WTF?! Usually these things are self-censored before going into production.

RicodJour

Over the years I've found that some folks have amazingly low taste, and enough money to prove it!!

Old Guy

Reply to
Old Guy

I'm remembering my first big project, doing trim in a $3,000,000 house. The basement was a full bar. I asked if the outlet over the bar was for a TV.

"Nope. A big-screen TV goes on the other wall."

"What's the outlet for, then?"

"Oh, that's for the stuffed buffalo head. It's eyes light up."

Suddenly the chandelier made out of a wagon wheel and Winchester rifles didn't seem so bad....

Reply to
SteveBell