HVLP Sprayer question

I have a small, standard air compressor, and I'm wondering if I can buy an HVLP sprayer that will work work with it, or do you have to buy an entire HVLP system?

Thanks,

--Michael

Reply to
ukalumni

Just buy a gun. Make sure your compressor puts out the CFM required by the gun.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Depends on your compressor size. You can use an HVLP conversion gun with an air compressor. They require more air capacity than a regular air atomized spray gun. For instance I have a PC PSH1 that requires

8.5 scfm at 40psi. A compressor that gives you that much capacity would allow you to spray at one hundred percent duty cycle. You can get by with less capacity, however you will have to live with a reduced duty cycle (trigger on time) and only spray intermittantly watching your gun for pressure drop below your set pressure and let it catch up. Best to have a capacity match. Most guns will tell you what the air requirement is. determine if your compressor has the capacity to run it.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Boettcher

Those guns with the cup on top tend to require less air.

Reply to
AL

Check out Eastwood. They have a two gun set from Devilbiss for a very good price that rivals Harbor Freight.

Reply to
tom_murphy

Check out Eastwood. They have a two gun set from Devilbiss for a very good price that rivals Harbor Freight.

Reply to
tom_murphy

Reply to
rickluce

Check Harbor Freight - they have a reasonably priced gun that seems to work just fine. Also a gun/compressor unit that is under $100 that I've used for quite a while with no problems. Mainly spraying latex paint.

Vic

Reply to
Vic Baron

Just one more thing. Atomizing solvents are great for creating flame throwers. Be careful spraying in garage. I've done my daily public announcement.

Reply to
rickluce

Reply to
JGS

Not really. This falls more closely into the category of alarm in a way similar to the fear of dust collector explosions, than it does in the realm of public safety.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Do you happen to know the part # for that gun/compressor combo? Thanks! A

Reply to
Avraham

Thanks for the replies.

Reply to