How would you?

An electrical engineer with a wrench can accomplish the same thing. :-)

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Yep. The Army uses meters, the Navy uses (or used) yards.

"Echo 1 this is Conquistador. We know who you are and we know what you need. Firing ranging round from extreme range. Give us mark and mark. Firing now. Time of flight, 37 seconds."

I looked at Gunny. We both knew who Conquistador was. She was the USS St Paul, the last ship in the navy to mount 8" guns. Gunny worked his circular slide rule, looked up at me, and said "Seventeen miles!"

Thirty-five seconds later, a huge explosion rendered the valley.

"Conquistador, this is Echo 1. You are 150 yards short and 50 left."

"Echo 1, Conquistador. We've made up the distance. Tell your dogfaces to hunker down and loosen their chin-straps - we are going to rock the earth. Main turrents one and two volley fire, six rounds on the way. Firing now. Time of flight 33 seconds. Give us mark and mark."

About six minutes later.

"Echo 1, Conquistador. We have reached optimum firing location and are turning to bring rear turrent to bear..."

Reply to
HeyBub

I pity the poor bastards who were on the receiving end of _that_.

Reply to
J. Clarke

"> How would you go about it? "

Well, let's see. It would be a good idea to know how the top was fixed to the cabinets, the measurements and relative positions of the components to be saved, scrapped, re-installed and so forth.

So, the first thing I would want to do before venturing any advice would be to come and look at it closely.

If mirror glass is attached with mirror mastic, a piano wire can be used to cut through and remove the mirror.

But, from here, I can't tell how they attached the mirror!

Reply to
Gooey

Masking tape ...

but, you are actually putting In Granite ? Gawd not good.

Reply to
Jon Jon