How much dado? is enough?

About the same as: "Any thing more than a mouthful is a waste".

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

I think you're backwards, still -- when the rabbet is at the top, the load causes a deflection downward which introduces tension on the end.

When the rabbet is on the bottom, the support is on the bottom and the bending load is compressive.

Sorry I brought it up, I guess... :)

Reply to
dpb

or a handful..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

I was on your side until he explained it a second time and something in my head clicked. If the rabbet is on the top, then the tongue is on the bottom. I kept misreading "rabbet" as "tongue," or at least misenvisioning it.

Full plys on the bottom, shortened plys on the top.

Reply to
Drew Lawson

THAT's WHAT I've been saying, all along -- but writing to cross porpoises, I guess. I was writing rabbet when I meant and was thinking of the side dado, sorry.

--

Reply to
dpb

dpb wrote: ...

Well, more correctly that was what I was _intending_ to say... :(

--

Reply to
dpb