HOW IT'S MADE - HARP

Wed, Mar 28, 2007, 11:21am (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com doth sayeth: Indeed! While a true master can finesse the Pieta from a lowly lump of rock, or a symphony from a long neck Schlitz bottle, mere mortals need the crutch of good acoustic tone. To that end, the 'plastic' body of an Ovation is not lacking, IMO.

For my trip to town today listened to my CD, Power Tool Classics. Nothing quite listing In The Hall Of The Mountain Kink, or Ride Of The Valkyries, WITH power tools. I skipped the ce cream tho, and bought a pack of bananana (I know how to spell it, I'm just not sure where to stop) flavored popsicles instead.

I's sure a music connysewer such as yourself will truely appreciate this site.

JOAT Custom philosophizing done. No job too small; must be indoor work, with no heavy lifting.

Reply to
J T

To take that one further, and as one who made a good deal of his living in years past getting an "acoustic guitar sound" worthy of recording in the studio, an Ovation is one of the easiest guitars to mic and get a nice acoustic sound quickly and without a lot of fuss ... AAMOF. they will often sound better miced than the most expensive of Martins, which are generally difficult to mic without much fussing with mic placement and EQ.

The term "Hammered dog shit" comes immediately to mind when you plug one in, though! ;)

Reply to
Swingman

Unfortunately, Ovations sound like crap.

Reply to
Jedd Haas

Just a guess - you once lost a "Battle of the Bands" to a band that used an Ovation as a lead instrument, right?

Reply to
ls1mike

That was actually a response to Jedd's 'crap' comment. Evidently, I was a bit too aggressive in my snipping.

Reply to
ls1mike