Honduras Rosewood Project

My wife got me some beautiful Honduras Rosewood boards from Christmas. I think there is only aboout 3-4 LF, but enough for a small project or accent pieces. I've read the wood is mainly used in insturments. Does anyone have other projects that they have used the wood in? It sounds like a very durable wood that takes it toll on your tools when cutting it.

Reply to
Scott Lindars

"Scott Lindars" wrote in news:1104251832.002295.197830 @z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

Accents on decorative boxes, in my limited experience with it. Handles, knobs, splines, trim, etc. Looks almost like good chocolate when oiled and/or waxed.

Try a well-tuned card scraper on it for surfacing.

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

Where do you live? I can get all the rosewood you can carry for ten bucks a BF.

Bob

Reply to
bob