hint: the tablesaw doesn't go on the ice chest

Here in the US, our favorite prayer is called the Obama Prayer. Psalm 109:8".

"May his days be few; and may another take his office."

Reply to
Nonny

...which explain most of the lost digits.

Reply to
-MIKE-

We can hope but he will very likely be reelected.

Reply to
CW

On Sat, 14 Nov 2009 15:35:54 -0800, the infamous "Nonny" scrawled the following:

AMEN, Brother!

-- When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary. -- Thomas Paine

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I gather you really would like to see S. Palin up there on capital hill, huh???? IMO, we have too many "issues" in this country to blame them all on one person, or one party.

Reply to
Bill

That is very true, but this guy is not helping at all, he is making them worse with wild spending. He's already making Clinton look good and may even make Carter look good.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I'm not happy about much of the spending either, but you have to remember, the bailouts have to be paid back. Some already have been, and the stimulus money is already going into road and infrastructure repairs in my area. It had to be paid for one way or another... Is it a permanent fix? Not even close. We've been outsourced.

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G

Yes, said. It's been a long time coming. Of course, we don't seem to have the "restraint" to "pay back" anything. We'll deflate the currency.... I need to buy a car now and I notice that they cost alot more than they did last time around--and my salary has not went up (even close to) the same rate...

Reply to
Bill

Tell me about it. Been through three different professions that were supposed to be" recession proof." They weren't. I guarantee you if we started importing cheap lawyers and politicians it would all change _overnight_.

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G

If we imported cheap lawyers, we would have even more litigation. Cheap lawyers aren't the answer. I have been working at his message for a while, and I've come to the conclusion that I don't have lots of answers. I do generally believe that economic principles will prevail. I don't like alot of what I see.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

They use hand saws. :-)

Luigi

Reply to
Luigi Zanasi

It is that someone has read Tom Sawyer. Or was it Huckleberry Finn?

Luigi

Reply to
Luigi Zanasi

On Sat, 14 Nov 2009 22:56:36 -0500, the infamous "Ed Pawlowski" scrawled the following:

Hell, Shrub and Carter have -already- celebrated that they can no longer be considered the worst President in the history of the USA.

[No, I won't be voting for Sarah again (actually, it was for McCain), but YES, I'm buying her book to show my support for her and help her get out from under the personal debt the fsking Demonrats put her in. GO SARAH! I just hope she stays out of politics, rooting from the sidelines instead. It's amazing how much she scares the Demonrats, huh? Even OUT of office. Har!]

-- When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary. -- Thomas Paine

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 00:46:45 -0500, the infamous "Bill" scrawled the following:

I find it hard to believe that it could get worse, and I'm waiting for TAR 2.0 to happen. (The American public seems to be gearing up for a second revolution, and I'm guessing that something like this Obamacare bill will be the catalyst to give 'em the critical mass necessary to explode into it. Got weapons, ammo, and a bunker? How's your pantry stocked?

Putting a season on lawyers would help a whole lot. Can you imagine what people would pay for a lawyer tag this next hunting season?

-- When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary. -- Thomas Paine

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Sat, 14 Nov 2009 23:31:29 -0800 (PST), the infamous Luigi Zanasi scrawled the following:

Uh, how can a handsaw protect one from a feral tablesaw, Luigi? Feral saws are QUICK!

-- When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary. -- Thomas Paine

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Pracicing your mind reading again? Give it up. you're not very good at it.

Show me where I said anything about blaming anyone. In any case, blame for what? Nope, Kreskin you're not.

Reply to
CW

CW,

You are FAR too argumentative for me. I was just passing by, and I'll be by-passing this topic. Ya'll enjoy yourselves.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Well, Bill. Some of us old curmudgeons can be rather abrasive, don't let it get to you. A thick skin helps when hanging around the wreck's virtual water cooler.

I do find it interesting that in a group dedicated to woodworking, an on-topic post garners 1 to 20 replies and yet the much maligned OT posts frequently number 150 posts.

There are some pretty smart, interesting people here but if you think it's bad here try visiting an engineering group. Yowza! ;)

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G

Nothing unusual about that. Woodworking replies within reason are relatively limited. OT posts can be virtually unlimited.

Reply to
upscale

By definition engineers are trained to never make a decision but to keep "massaging" a project forever trying to "improve" the end result.

One of the reasons I walked away from it.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett